A few questions re my new (2021) 2.0 TDI SE Dynamic that I've now had for a month...

Aug 7, 2024
Evening all,

Having owned a 2013 Leon 1.6TDi for the past 11 years, after 172+k miles I decided to invest a chunk of potential repair fund cash (new clutch, shocks, etc) in a 2.0 TDI SE Dynamic (115) from March 21 (believe termed a Mark 4) and although it's a nicer, quieter car with a bit more grunt, I'm not a fan of the digital systems now needed to control most things.

I've scoured these forums for the answers to the following so apologies if I've missed the obvious answers but I'll start with a major issue that has just popped today after over a month of driving...

I started it this morning only to be told that I needed to REDUCE (!) the oil level and visit a workshop. General online info suggests it's DPF related and unburnt diesel getting into the oil but as with my previous Leon, on occasion when I had finished my journey the fan still runs for several minutes thereby (I believed) completing the passive regeneration. Spoke to the place I bought it from today and they said it sounded like a fault and to get the warning cancelled by a local VAG garage but come back to them if it recurs. Any advice please before I do damage to my nice new purchase?!

The oil level does appear to be at the top of the bulb at the top end of the hatched flat marked area (and so potentially too high) but with 17 mile runs to work and back every day should this really be an issue with this car? My previous version never did anything like this and I've already done over 1000 miles since I got it.

A few minor niggles which will hopefully be one-word answers but I cannot find them yet!

1) Can you somehow cancel the Traffic Announcements with the radio mute button on the steering wheel like I used to be able to or is it only by a touch of the touch screen system? I'm not looking to disable them, I want them, but want to be able to cancel them if they're not of interest.

2) I'd like to hope there are people / garages out there who can reprogramme the startup system so Lane Assist and parts of the Automatic braking etc can be defaulted to OFF rather than having to be turned off at the start of every journey? Having the car brake for me is a definite 'No No' and has already nearly caused me 3 incidents as it thinks it knows better than I do. The shock of being braked when you aren't expecting it for is surprisingly unnerving. Opinions and advice most welcomed please.

On a happier note I have managed to update the SatNav to the latest version (23.6) so there's one thing I've done correctly! However, is there a way of getting traffic congestion etc given on there much the way Google maps does with the diffferent colours for different traffic speeds? So far it's only given me directions to where I need to go and not offered any detours etc. I normally know where I need to be but showing traffic density on the map as it scrolls would be very helpful so I can take shortcuts etc.

I did make the mistake of jumping in with both feet straight away and installing Andoid Auto on my phone and letting it have complete freedom to interact with the car. I soon put a stop to that when it turned on Bluetooth and changed WiFi connections and would not allow me to stop them every time I got into the car! I'll explore this again as I will need it for making calls while doing work journeys but is basic BLuetooth pairing enough for this or should I explore one of the Apps as well? Android Auto or Seat Connect perhaps?? Again, oinions and experiences very much welcomed.

Cheers for staying with me this long!
All the best,
Dave

Aug 7, 2024
Edit: Answer to Q1 is that the TP cancel function is now performed by the radio station left or right buttons on the steering wheel and not the mute / volume wheel. :cool::cool: (found by accident this afternoon!)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.