A few BHP short

holty

Inside a nice VAG
Sep 25, 2008
In the Hills
Had my Mk1 tdi 150 remapped @ ptorque on Monday.Which was awesome.
The car now drives like a bit of a beast.
the only issue I have is that it only made 177bhp & 318lbft :drool: Will seemed to think it could be a MAf issue as it was a wee bit low on the old horsies?
Any ideas welcome as to if it could be something else?

Last edited:

holty

Inside a nice VAG
Sep 25, 2008
In the Hills
Sorry.Wasn't very specific with my post.
I meant any other issues it could be? Or does MAF sound like the culprit?

George

Could be something simple like air filter or fuel filter, if it hasn't been serviced for a while or MAF as people said. See if you can try a new one but the problem is now you are away from the dyno, it will be hard to see if it's made a credible difference to the power.

holty

Inside a nice VAG
Sep 25, 2008
In the Hills
Thanks for your help folks.I think I'll get the old green cotton filter on the go and change the MAF and see what happens.Maybe go up to see will for a dyno run.And yes,it is quite a dollop of torque!
In the meantime I've got to keep my clutch from exploding ;)
Ps.Any ideas on places to get MAF on the el cheapo?

danwfr

Feb 21, 2008
Tredegar, south wales
i know where cwmcarn is. there is a shop in cardiff call gsf carparts they are cheap on parts and also in newport there is gwent vw i dont know how much they would charge for a maf but it might be worth a try

holty

Inside a nice VAG
Sep 25, 2008
In the Hills
i know where cwmcarn is. there is a shop in cardiff call gsf carparts they are cheap on parts and also in newport there is gwent vw i dont know how much they would charge for a maf but it might be worth a try

Thanks mate.I might make some calls tomorrow :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise