56 Plate Mk 4 1.4 75ps - a number of problems.

tombarnsley

Have had this car for 2.5 yrs now and it has been a pain.

1) Car failing to start after standing for +1 day -- resulting in engine being flooded . This had happened on many occasions the dealer even charged me to clean it up once. The dealer claims to have fixed it yesterday by fitting new injectors but the car now sounds like a deisel ---- Any ideas ??? (dealer recons injectors take time to bed in .)

2) Track rod ends -- replaced under guarantee.

3) Misting front and rear lights -- Dealer refuses to do anything about it as its not a problem in Spain or some s**t.

4) Rear Alloy paint flaking off !!! --- After 18 months of being dodged by dealer finally refurbed.

Im just getting worried now about this engine noise im pretty sure it never happened before and it is really clunky and rattles a lot.

+ Just started using my air con and its not that cold it is colder than the air outside but not what i got in my corsa -- Any ideas????

Cheers guys n gals Tom

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Have had this car for 2.5 yrs now and it has been a pain.

1) Car failing to start after standing for +1 day -- resulting in engine being flooded . This had happened on many occasions the dealer even charged me to clean it up once. The dealer claims to have fixed it yesterday by fitting new injectors but the car now sounds like a deisel ---- Any ideas ??? (dealer recons injectors take time to bed in .)

2) Track rod ends -- replaced under guarantee.

3) Misting front and rear lights -- Dealer refuses to do anything about it as its not a problem in Spain or some s**t.

4) Rear Alloy paint flaking off !!! --- After 18 months of being dodged by dealer finally refurbed.

Im just getting worried now about this engine noise im pretty sure it never happened before and it is really clunky and rattles a lot.

+ Just started using my air con and its not that cold it is colder than the air outside but not what i got in my corsa -- Any ideas????

Cheers guys n gals Tom

1) I can't help you there - never had that problem, is the car normally used for "decent" runs and not just a couple of miles all the time?

2) Crap Skoda CZ rubbish I'd reckon!

3) Misting front lights do happen, but check up to make sure all covers are fitted correctly, rear lights will probably need new gasket seals - unless they are damaged.

4) Yes, alloy wheels do not seem to be designed to have few sharp edges so rot quickly - seems the same the world over.

One thing I have said before, these little cars, ie Fabia, Polo 9N and Ibiza 6L are nasty little wallet busting jobies, but we've paid our money so will need to try to get some use out of what we've bought - I'm sure that there are worse out there.

tombarnsley

my round trip to work is 55 miles so thats about the average run.

I have noticed some green stuff almost growning in my rear light clusters too.

Now the engine sounds like a bag of bolts too ?????

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ah well your typical journeys seem long enough not to cause any problems, is it a Seat dealer that has been doing the repair work?
A friend of my wife has a Leon, maybe about 2 or 3 years old (newer shape), and I seem to remember seeing green stuff in her rear light clusters too - maybe just a Seat build quality problem!
Maybe its growing in an area that is outside the sealed area but the shape of the fitting is not allowing for good natural drainage and drying off.
That engine normally does not end up sounding rough, at least at lower engine speeds, some thing is wrong or the dealer has stuffed up big time "injectors needing to bed in" - that does not sound like the way these quality parts will have been manufactured!

tombarnsley

i thought that too about the injectors

it looks like the black seal is turning green????

Its Barlows Wolverhampton who are doing the work (not very impressed)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.