4th boost pipe split

OldNick

Apr 13, 2005
Hi Guys. I am a regular reader on here but this is my first post.

Had a service in Oct last year. Dealer picked up leaking boost pipe and replaced under warranty. 3 weeks later lost boost. Car would be very loud accelerating with a noticeable dump when letting off the gas, then car would go into limp mode with no turbo. took back to dealer, and boost pipe replaced again. Then about a month ago same problem again. Took back to dealers and boost pipe replaced again. Bit fed up now. Pipe replaced again. Lasts 1 week and splits again. Back to dealer again and pipe replaced. They dont know why they keep splitting and they've never had a car thats split this many. Anybody got any ideas what could be causing this. Im quite cheesed off as the trip to the dealers is a fair way away, and I can see I'll be visiting them again soon with no real chance of the recurring problem being solved.

Thank in advance.

Nik

LCR64

I m just the cook.
Mar 24, 2006
Turbo intake pipe?????

Nic, is it the TIP where it fits the turbo end?
I had this issue, split 2 pipes in a couple of weeks on a new car. It was cured by making sure the clip that holds the pipe onto the turbo is square and has an even grip, if not with the engine movement and the turbo pressure it would tear. 10 months on and I ve forgotten what limp mode is.

OldNick

Apr 13, 2005
Im not sure which pipe it is. I will ask when I pick the car back up tommorrow. The dealer has rung SEAT technical but they said they would get back to them, which usually means they dont know why it keeps doing it.

LCR64

I m just the cook.
Mar 24, 2006
Find out which pipe it is but it sounds like the TIP, its the ribbed one and you can just about get your hand down to the turbo end with a coolish engine. To have a real good look you need the car off the ground and the under tray off.
My ex sister in law works for a Seat dealership and the tech s there were nt aware of this sort of problem and they too refered back to HQ and the response was getting the fitment right.
Either this is true or the dealer has bullsh*tted me and found something else wrong and cured it. The only other option is the engine mounts allowing too much vibration through the pipe, but you need it on a rolling road to see that.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.