41AC676 | Facelift IBIZA Wheel Well Sound Insulation

AlperUtkuCeylan

Mar 6, 2024
Hello IBIZA enthusiasts,
As I mentioned before, I'm back at it with soundproofing.
Since I'm still relatively new to working on this particular vehicle, the disassembly and reassembly process took a bit longer than usual, and I was only able to complete the front left side.
As always, I started by applying vibration-damping materials, followed by closed-cell foam sheets to absorb sound.
On top of the wheel well liner, I applied a different, thicker, and heavier material called a sound barrier.
Putting everything back together was a bit of a challenge after all that, but I'm happy with the results.
20240526_174617.jpg
20240526_163823.jpg
20240526_164818.jpg
20240526_162510.jpg
20240526_154652.jpg

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Have you noticed a difference in ride noise? I want do this on my Leon 5f too. When you remove the wheel arch liner, is it pretty obvious where to apply the sound deadening material?

Reactions: AlperUtkuCeylan

AlperUtkuCeylan

Mar 6, 2024
Have you noticed a difference in ride noise? I want do this on my Leon 5f too. When you remove the wheel arch liner, is it pretty obvious where to apply the sound deadening material?
i can't make a clear comment about the sound because I only made it to 1 tire, but I can say that there is a decrease

there is no specific place, I tried to glue it completely to all surfaces. it is necessary to pay attention to some surfaces in order not to have difficulties when installing which ı had experienced.

AlperUtkuCeylan

Mar 6, 2024
Yes, that makes sense. Will you be doing any other areas ie boot, doors etc?
Yes ı did and shared here, you can find on my profile.

From now on, I did trunk/spare tire space + rear seat base + hood
Especially my engine noise is like zero until 4000rpm
I have plans to do for more but I need money and time for sure :)

AlperUtkuCeylan

Mar 6, 2024
What about the deadening on the hood? Did that help?
Absolutely YES, I tried to fill every gap that my hand reached.
After gluing a layer of butyl, I glued closed cell sponges on top of each other to fill the entire gap.
I finished it with an OEM under-hood insulator to make it look visually good.

The engine noise has decreased significantly. I believe that it will be a much higher level with higher quality materials
20240222_140650.jpg 20240213_141216.jpg

AlperUtkuCeylan

Mar 6, 2024
I have 2mm Silent Coat.
It is just for vibration dampening material, better than nothing but you should buy foam type materials for acoustic sounds too
for second layer: https://www.silentcoat.co.uk/collections/sound-absorber/products/silent-coat-absorber-15-sheet
for third and last layer: https://www.silentcoat.co.uk/collections/isolator/products/silent-coat-isolator-6-large-sheet
from same company.
If there is no enough cleareance to apply on top of it. Skip the second layer and do just first and third one.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Thanks for the advice. I’ll try the 2mm for now, as I have about 5-6 pads of these left, and see how it goes. If I need more I’ll get the above as you’ve recommended n add that too.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise