3 Faults identified via Vag-com

shiller1984

Have got 3 faults on a ibiza, 2 i'm not worried about (to do with radio) the other is coolant temp sensor

16502 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Signal too High
P0118 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

engine is 1.4 bby

i'm guessing this just the thermostat this part or am i looking at the wrong part

any help to confirm i'm looking at the right bit would be most appreciated

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
no not the thermostat, its the sensor in the coolant tank, you can either clean it or buy a new coolant tank. Don't think it costs much

I'm not sure that you are describing this iten correctly either! It sounds like you are referring to the windscreen level sensor that also causes problems that can be sort of sorted by either cleaning it or just buying a new coolant reservoir. The item being refered to by VAG-COM is the engine coolant temperature sensor, this is/might be a two sensor device, one feeds the engine ECU with engine coolant temperature and the other feeds the temperature gauge on the dashboard. Normally these things are mounted on a pipe junction and are retained by a plastic clip. It might be wise to buy a new one a.s.a.p. along with a new seal and to be safe a new clip (in case you lose it). Its easier to change this when the engine is cold as less or no coolant will get lost that way. My wife has a Polo with the BBY engine - but fortunately this sensor has not given trouble yet. These sensors tended to cause so much trouble that VAG changed their body colour so that it could be seen at a glance if the original one was fitted - originally they were all black in colour, my new one for the B5 Passat ahd a green body - if I remember correctly.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.