• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

288mm brakes help

nate03

Friday :-)
Oct 20, 2004
Troon
Ive been searching for months on the forum and ebay to find hubs for my Dab to allow me to install the bigger 288mm brakes. I came across an old thread by guinness which suggested that the hubs from the mk4 golf, A3, Octavia and Leon may fit. Unfortunately the question was unresolved and im still none the wiser.

Does anyone know if these hubs are compatible as they are much easier to come by?

Cheers

gus

Jun 27, 2006
if u get the hubs for the 288mm upgrade the 288 brakes will fit straight on try this number i got my upgraded bit from here worth a try???? then if u want if ur interested have my 288 calipers and carriers for a cheap price??? its 02476 637376??

nate03

Oct 20, 2004
Troon
Cheers Gus, I just phoned them but they quoted me £95 per hub :confused: thats near enough what i would pay from the stealers. I can get two mk4 golf gti hubs for £50 but its not much of a bargain if they dont fit!

Any ideas?

gus

Jun 27, 2006
the mark for hubs are the same as the mk4 ibiza i think alot of people on here will tel u that, so wait and see what they reply, have u got ur callipers for the 288mm upgrade???

bertrum

As far as I know, according to vag-cat atelast, the only other cars that have the hubs required are Fabia Vrs (or equivalent of pd130 upwards) and apparently polo 9n2 (again engine dependent).
Other than that, its scrappies or dealers at £95 a piece :(
I'm still waiting to do this too!

nate03

Oct 20, 2004
Troon
Got a great price on a full fabia vrs set-up including hub so should get them on friday :D

Pm me if you want any pics or advice

Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise