220 Bhp Without Front Mount?

loveturbopower

Jun 13, 2007
Frome, Somerset
Guys, im looking to get my car running around 220 bhp but dont want to have to spend £600 plus on a front mount aswell. Im getting a revo chip stage 1 which will take me to approx 206 bhp, then with an induction kit probably around 208-210. How cud i get the extra 10bhp i need, would a full exhaust system including turbo downpipe get me the extra 10 bhp or close?

cheers

May 25, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Don't quite add up to how you have put it. You will not get a true 206bhp without a FMIC in the first place in my eyes.
Revo, turbo back exhaust filter, TIP and FMIC will prob get you around 210ish. Without FMIC you'll just heatsoak,and in turn ECU will retard timing.
If you don't want to spend £600 on FMIC try laguna core for £250ish. If not I would just get remapped and leave it at that. As that is where you are going to see a noticable increase

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2007
well get a launga front mounted intercooler if you are hard up. with pipework made up your talking £200. and then remap and you looking at about 200approx. dont count on remap giving you 206bhp could end up being 190 or something.
filter wont really make much difference bhp wise, full exhaust system will help.
with all of the its a guessing game on what the outcome can be. but will be a very strong car and pull well.

loveturbopower

Jun 13, 2007
Frome, Somerset
oh rite, its just on the revo website they say that ayp engine 156bhp standard should expect to see results around 206 after stage 1 remap, so am i miss-understanding and it means after all stage 1 tuning like exhaust, filter and remap that it would be around 206?

also where can i pick up a laguna front mount and what model laguna would it be from? just a 2.0 turbo diesel or sumit?

loveturbopower

Jun 13, 2007
Frome, Somerset
tbh as long as it feels quicker, figures dont really matter to me but i just wanted it to be over the 200bhp mark, its just my mates have a skyline with 350bhp and my other mate has mr2 turbo with 260bhp and it would be nice to have over 200bhp lol also someone else i know has a cammed and chipped saxo vtr running 135bhp and mine struggles to lose it lol

loveturbopower

Jun 13, 2007
Frome, Somerset
yeah on acceleration we are nearly equal but then he pulls ahead in 3rd untill i hit high revs then i get ahead, tbh i want to be able to rip him without a struggle so i think 200bhp + should do that

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.