2005 Ibiza 1.4 Sport Mk4

Apr 27, 2008
yes mate, green one's the last one.

have you ever thought about getting a custom back-box instead of an induction kit in the future? you can then have the more sportier sound that the induction kit would give, and keep the air box and green panel filter for better reving. plus you get to choose the exhaust sound you want ;)

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
Green panel filter ordered :)

I'm not too fussed about sound, I'm after squeezing 1-2 extra BHP out of the little engine! So I shall probably eventually be looking at having to get rid of the engine cover anyways.

Apr 27, 2008
you could get the boxes removed from your exhaust? iv got a full custom turbo-back exhaust set up on mine with larger downpipe and decat and it deffinitly made the car pick up quicker and run alot smoother.

there was a guy on here abit back who had a ibiza F.S (1.4 formula sport 100bhp), he added a bmc cda induction kit and a custom cat-back exhaust and he ran a RR of 131bhp http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186063 he was the one that told me about the bmc filters and when i added the filter and got a custom cat-back exhaust to my ibiza FS, i did see a definite imporvement in performance. i never did get a RR done on mine so i'll never no how much they add.

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
Green panel filter arrived! :D

SP_A1534.jpg

Will fit soon!

Last edited:

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
It was pretty amazing to watch! Think I'll just buy one! with pipercross I think it was that showed worst result and thts the one I've got! Fail. Lol

What else you got planned for this car then matey?

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
This is the updated to-do list from the previous page:

* Refurb the 16" alloys already on the car, black/anthracite
* Chrome vent surrounds
* Badge the bootlid as per the facelift, but with black lettering
* Paint the side bump strips to either match the car, or the wheels
* Paint the wing mirrors to match the wheels/bump strips
* HID headlight kit
* Tint the side repeaters
* Change the plastic inserts on the front bumper to the "honeycomb" style
* Have two dents removed on the nearside front wing, looks like a shopping trolley is responsible!
* Paintwork to repair the scuff on the offside rear wing/bumper, pulling off my (very tight squeeze!) drive
* Service!
* Upper strut brace
* Induction kit maybe?
* Chrome dial surrounds
* TT Pedals
* Polo/Fabia rear wiper, do both bolt straight on?
* LCR Splitter
* Proper interior valet, seats out job!

So, out of those there, the panel filter replaces the urge to fit an induction kit, and the side strips are currently off the car at the minute and the paint is bought so that'll be done soon hopefully. I've had quotes on the strut brace, chrome sill guards, TT pedals, LCR splitter and vent surrounds, but TJ looks a bit too expensive for my liking so I'll be trying Gilders Seat Hillsborough (or their Rotherham VW branch, where I'm more likely to get trade discount as more of the staff know me!). Think I'll be buying all those mentioned at some part bar the sill guards, too much money for what they are really, below the £50 mark and I'd have gone for them I think.

Car should be serviced pretty soon too, and I'll probably be having a timing belt done at the same time, may as well as it will be due pretty soon and it saves the car going in twice. Just trying find some spare time to have the dents removed as they'll only cost me about £30-35 to have done.

The interior valet may have to wait until I've moved house, but the good news is that the new place has acres for me to have seats out etc.

The Pipercross one was the second, was showed an improvement over OEM, but not as good as the Green filter.

Sorry for the essay!

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
A few pictures from painting the car...

Only used a rattle can and lacquer so obviously it's not a good finish or anything, just a temporary job but it is far better than previously!

Rear wing scuff:
SP_A1529.jpg

Driver's door sill:
SP_A1530.jpg

Top of rear wing:
SP_A1532.jpg

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
Not had an update on here for a while!

Finally got around to badging IBIZA across the back as per the facelift, ended up going for the standard silver rather than black, a bargain at £2!

Timing belt was fitted a long time back, and two full services since my last update also.

Really splashed out today on ICE! Wanted my boot space back so I've lost the two subs that I previously had in the back, and currently have all the door panels off, all the rivets have been drilled out of the original speakers, and a new wiring kit has been put in place, along with speaker wires running down either side of the car to the four speakers from the boot (where I will be positioning the amp).

I've bought the Ibiza mk4 speaker adapters, £10 from eBay. Two pairs of Vibe Black Air 6 components which come recommended from a friend (£120 for the four), and a Boss CW650 4 channel amp (£100, down from £180 on CAS). Currently driving round with no door cards, giving a very rally car feel lol!

Still working on having the wheels refurbed, but my income is now split between my Ibiza and the 306 convertible I bought a few weeks ago!

Pics of everything to follow!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.