200 bhp power???????????

ian_evs2003

i just bought an ibiza 1.8 T, just woundering how mutch would you have to spend on getting it up to 200bhp and whot mods would you need, coud you make a list with a rough price next to then.............cheers

ian_evs2003

is the ko3s just for the re map, or do they suply other stuff in that price???????????????????

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
No its the model turbo you have.

For that price you get a software program that will change parmeters taking 156bhp and 180bhp variants to about 200-210 bhp.

Do a search for "remap" or check out www.revotechnik.com (Other remap companies are also available, your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments.....)

ian_evs2003

were could i get it remaped in wales..im from the mid wales area,,would it be better to get a system and induction kit before??????or wouldnt that make mutch difrence after?????

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
A search will reveal all, but generally the remap will get you to 205ish, its the single biggest step. Other mods after that will just be icing on the cake, improved drivability/response, a little bit more power.

Beyond 210bhp you are looking at getting other stuff required before a stage 2 remap, bigger fuel pressure regulator, free flowing exhaust, cold air induction kit + remap upgrade.

HarveyGTI

aw20jeez.jpg

do a search

and if you do a search, you will find out why its not a cheap idea to buy the K04 for the Ibiza

andycupra

status subject to change
turbo cars gain more from a remap than normally apirated.
your car is 156 bhp and is funamentally the same engine as in the 180 bhp ibiza and early leon cupras at 180 bhp.

a remap (with the right fuel) will see you get 200 bhp. the torque will gain more than the bhp, i think you will be very surprised.

if you get the option to have a more progressive remap then get that. (ie one that has a lower boost level but holds it better).
i say this as the intercooler on the ibiza is not great at all, and a progressive map will let you put the power down better also.

while you have your wallet out get spacers for your rear wheels. get hubcentric ones with correct bolts. if you need details just search, theres loads of info on here.

ian_evs2003

ive heard people put spacers on.. can i ask why?
im very tempted in getting the remap, im gona look for a system first.
how mutch are thease intercoolers then?

Last edited by a moderator:

andycupra

status subject to change
yes its a VAG 1.8 20valve turbo.

spacers, well the rear track isnt too wide on the ibiza and the handling improves with spacers.
get hubcentric ones, not the cheap ones as these ensure the bolts are not overstressed. take a look at the rear wheels you will see they could do with moving out by 10mm or so.

the car already has an intercooler, its just not that fantastic as its pretty small.
you dont 'need' it to get 200 bhp (ish).
if you did want one you will need to be spending something like £600 for specially made kit, or if you are handy you can do it cheaper with a laguna intercooler. again do a search plenty on it here.

my advice would be get the remap and spacers. then decide on anything else.
you will most likely be more than happy.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.