İs auq and bjx compatible?

Jul 21, 2024
Hi i need to replace my auq engine from mk1 1.8t and i found bjx from ibiza fr is it compatible to auq engine is there any difference (anything, head, pistons, systems etc...) And is there any disadvantage (performance block, anything) cuz i didnt find a healthy auq engine but i found a healthy bjx engine is bjx good for seat leon? And all parts (inc. electric systems, sensor, locations) are the same?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Different, bjx is only 150hp and AUQ has VVT and bjx doesn't

Jul 21, 2024
Thanks, my engine has chronical oil problem (1.8t) im going to swap to 2.0 tfsi (g5 gti) is it any problems have like 1.8t?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
You're welcome. 2.0 tsfi are direct injection engines and suffer badly from carbon build up in the intake. I'm not sure on other problems, i've never owned one.

Reactions: FR1.8t
Jul 21, 2024
İs there any problems to carbon build up in intake? İs it bad like the 1.8t's oil pumps sludge?

Jul 21, 2024
I have another question, I replaced the oil pump, filter, cleaned the oil pan, cleaned the clogged oil pickup tube, but the oil light comes on again after 2 days. And I changed the oil filter again and cleaned the oil pickup tube again, after I changed the oil pressure sensor and the oil light is flashing again, im using full synthetic 10w40 oil. Why oil light comes again after i do everything possible to oil system. İ changed everyting.

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
İs there any problems to carbon build up in intake? İs it bad like the 1.8t's oil pumps sludge?
All direct injection engines suffer with the same problem, with the 1.8t the injectors are in the intake manifold so that has a cleaning action and keeps the intake valves clean.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I have another question, I replaced the oil pump, filter, cleaned the oil pan, cleaned the clogged oil pickup tube, but the oil light comes on again after 2 days. And I changed the oil filter again and cleaned the oil pickup tube again, after I changed the oil pressure sensor and the oil light is flashing again, im using full synthetic 10w40 oil. Why oil light comes again after i do everything possible to oil system. İ changed everyting.
I'm really not sure on that one mate. It sounds like you have changed everything that you can. Maybe there is an electrical problem that is causing the oil pressure reading not to get to the instrument cluster. Maybe try checking that the plug for the oil pressure sensor is ok, and there isn't any corrosion or broken wires inside the connector. Also check the wiring between the switch and the instument cluster, and that you also have a good ground/earth as well.

oil pressure.png

oil pressure 1.png
oil pressure 2.png
oil pressure 3.png

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2024
Bro if i put the oil pressure timer in same path (like turbo timer) it will be efficient? Without changing any system. Or what will i do? What can i add to give efficient + i dont have any electrical issues and plugs are okay and cables are not broken and dont have any corrosions but cables are bit deformed but cable inputs are good

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2024
I'm really not sure on that one mate. It sounds like you have changed everything that you can. Maybe there is an electrical problem that is causing the oil pressure reading not to get to the instrument cluster. Maybe try checking that the plug for the oil pressure sensor is ok, and there isn't any corrosion or broken wires inside the connector. Also check the wiring between the switch and the instument cluster, and that you also have a good ground/earth as well.

View attachment 43343

View attachment 43344 View attachment 43345 View attachment 43346
After last opening the oil pickup tube was filled with oil sludge and plastics again.

Jul 21, 2024
Bro if i put the oil pressure timer in same path (like turbo timer) it will be efficient? Without changing any system. Or what will i do? What can i add to give efficient + i dont have any electrical issues and plugs are okay and cables are not broken and dont have any corrosions but cables are bit deformed but cable inputs are good
@mty12345 what can i do can you give answer about this?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.