£3k to spend on engine

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
Right ive been saving for a while and ive got not far short of £3k to spend on engine. What do i get to get most power?
Currently got
Forge FMIC
Blueflame Turbo Bk
BMC
Cold Side
Forge DV
EBC Brakes.
Standard ECU, but i have an apr stage 2 ecu and forge tip lined up.
But im really wanting more power, what should i spend my money on or should i save a little longer?

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Save longer mate, then your in IHI territory, and then once you have all the money ready get rid of the EBC (I cant believe under thew trade descriptions act that they are allowed to call them brakes) brakes!

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
if you want more power then,i would also look at better brakes.
i take your set up is standard with just ebc discs and or pads?
big power needs good stoppers.

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
could do an ATP eliminator setup for that sort of cash if you fitted it yourself or knew a cheapish mechanic, the moneys in the mapping though as you'll need £500-600 notes for that, knocking on the door of 285ish or might be able to squeeze a GT28RS setup for that too

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
How much am i looking at for GT28rs? Brembos are on the cards. This moneys just purely for engine. Cheers Guys

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Depends are you going to be changing the cooler or not? Fitting Aquamist, fitting race engine mounts to stop down pipes cracking, etc... Just the turbo bits can be done for £3k~4k its the extras that help it that add up the bill.

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
Depends are you going to be changing the cooler or not? Fitting Aquamist, fitting race engine mounts to stop down pipes cracking, etc... Just the turbo bits can be done for £3k~4k its the extras that help it that add up the bill.

Id be keeping cooler just now yeah. Aquamist and engine mounts could be done at a later date?
What about ihi from jabba if i save a little more?

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
What would 4.2k get me exactly? Cant say i have regreted spending my money on ibiza either. And wont regret spending more. just want to work out which is best value and best to go for. Cheers for help

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Full Stage 3 IHI kit with fitting, mapping and thats about it. The kit includes injectors, fitting kit, turbo, manifold, downpipe and of course fitting. It may work out a little less, £4k or so but I'd set aside £4.2k.

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
Take it they'd match downpipe to blueflame system tho. So id just sell downpipe. I see JBS are offer ihi kits aswell are they just the same?
What turbo etc you going for craig?pm me if you like

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Brakes, diff, clutch, ARB's, spacers, suspension setup, k03s and mapping.

Should see a very nicely handled car that stops well with 240bhp.

Would be better than a 320bhp car that you'd **** yourself on corners in.

in my own opinion.

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
Got coilovers,front & rear strut braces and 9" wide wheels at rear instead of spacers and cars handles really well. Brembos will naturally be getting fitted. Just trying to gauge a cost for engine work only

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Brakes, diff, clutch, ARB's, spacers, suspension setup, k03s and mapping.

Should see a very nicely handled car that stops well with 240bhp.

Would be better than a 320bhp car that you'd **** yourself on corners in.

in my own opinion.

Nah feck that!! All power is the way forward!!

Go IHI !!!!!!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members