rear strut is here

Jun 19, 2007
after all the talk about rear struts in previos posts phil showed me where i could find some so i wnet and order a mk1 golf rear strut brace of ebay from a company call 2fast2cool.com i payed for it yesterday at about 3 oclock and look what ive just got.
Photo-0436_001.jpg

Photo-0435_000.jpg

really happy with it and very impressed with the prise i payed £30 for it new with £10 for next day delievery. so i can well recommend this company they were very helpfu and thank you phil.
:funk:

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Looks pretty good and fully adjustable aswell, will be able to set it up on a four way aligner and use the strut brace to get the camber spot on.

Jun 19, 2007
is wish im just going to bang it on and hope i think. dont know how tight ive got to make it etc

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Thats the problem, i think if you over tighten it it will pull the struts together at the top too much maybe causing damage, also knocking the tracking out in the way of changing the camber angle. This could then wear off tyres on the rear, plus could totally changed the handling characteristics and might feel abit dogdy.

Jun 19, 2007
ill do it tight so it wont rattle around so it will be just on there for looks to start off with until i get it done properly i think.

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
i payed £30 for it new with £10 for next day delievery. so i can well recommend this company they were very helpfu and thank you phil.
:funk:

the ones I've seen are £40 + £10 delivery, did you mange to get it cheaper somehow mate?

£50 is still a good price but I'd prefer to pay £40 ;)

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
these look cool and everything but surely they make little or no difference to the handling because of the rear twist beam setup of the ibiza? (ie. the struts don't affect camber, the only movment in the rear is radial)

if it was a wishbone setup then i could see it working... (hence why i have a front brace)

I'm not trying to put a downer on your stuff, i'm just wondering is it more of a show piece than something that actually improves handling?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Put it this way, i drove my car up onto the pavement outside my house and opened the boot, tried shutting it again and couldnt. The lock was hitting the metal lock on the bodwork. So basically the back end had twisted that much.

Plus it looks pretty cool with no interior. lol.

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
Put it this way, i drove my car up onto the pavement outside my house and opened the boot, tried shutting it again and couldnt. The lock was hitting the metal lock on the bodwork. So basically the back end had twisted that much.

Yeh i get what your saying, altho the ibiza is no where near as bad as my old punto for body flex. However the body flex won't affect handling at the rear, the body may move but because of the twist beam, camber etc will stay the same (other than bending of the beam which you can't do much about).

Plus it looks pretty cool with no interior. lol.

Can't fault you there lol :D

Black TDI Turbo

Oct 2, 2005
North East
Yes it does and u can tell this because if you over tighten it you will find that it pulls your strut tops together so that when u drop the parcelshelf it doesnt sit propperly because it has pulled the trim panels in.

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
Surely by doing it up tighter you will pull the tops of the struts in which in turn will adjust the camber

that only works on front.

look at the setup of the rear suspension, the angle of the struts doesn't affect the camber, as the stub shafts are bolted directly to the rear beam, which doesn't flex in the direction of camber, nor should it be affected by the angle of the struts.

A strut brace helps on the front due to the fact the strut is bolted directly to the hub carrier, which is in turn connected to the ball joint on the wishbone, this means that as the strut moves due to bodyflex the camber angle is altered.

It's kinda hard to explain, but if you study the design you'll see what i mean.
onlything i can think of is that a rear brace may actually help the front setup, as the whole chassis will be slightly stiffer.

Yes it does and u can tell this because if you over tighten it you will find that it pulls your strut tops together so that when u drop the parcelshelf it doesnt sit propperly because it has pulled the trim panels in.

thats just moving the strut tops, which do not directly affect the camber at the rear wheels.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.