MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
All these people saying there collecting soon how are getting insurance when i still cant enter cupra 290 as a variaint only a 300

You can’t use comparison websites you have to use the insurance website and checked individually. Most sites have the 290 in the drop down box’s however some don’t. it’s just trial and error checking different sites.

Reactions: walshy

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Insurance wise.. I just rang up my current insurer and explained the situation.
They insured as a 300 then when all the information is available to them it will be changed to a 290.
They were quite helpful and price was reasonable
Liverpool Victoria (LV)

Im 43 and tried so far

Admiral
Direct line
Churchill

They all list the 290 and quotes are coming out at around £700

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Im 43 and tried so far

Admiral
Direct line
Churchill

They all list the 290 and quotes are coming out at around £700

Ouch, I'm really not looking forward to paying the premium when I finally get one properly, you guys might hear I've sold the Cupra after 3 hours ownership if the insurance is too expensive haha

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Ouch, I'm really not looking forward to paying the premium when I finally get one properly, you guys might hear I've sold the Cupra after 3 hours ownership if the insurance is too expensive haha

Quote me happy are coming in at £370 for the 300 no option for the 290, have emailed them

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
Had a good run out in mine last night,, can confirm the dsg farts are certainly still there.
Scared the old dear half to death hahahaha
Loving the car.
Still averaging over 33mpg even with abuse

33! ha I’ve not got near that in fun mode, did get 32 on a longish run... then again I work from home and use the car for school runs, short trips to footy and golf, so add in a heavy right foot and I won’t see much north of 25mpg lol

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
The 5door seems to be very expensive to insure... I am 41 and I’ve had several quotes around £400-450 with £150 excess on the 4drive..

I did some quotes on mine today for a full quote (as I added the 300 to my current insurance) cheapest I got was Hastings Direct £332 with £245 excess (£100 voluntary) 43 with 9+ NCB

Ben Snape

Oct 17, 2018
How long roughly was you all quoted for delivery for your Cupras ordered mine Sunday been told I should expect it end of January to early feb everyday is a count down now of excitement :drunk:

Reactions: K12
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.