MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Same here. Awaiting technical info that’s expected week 42.
Still can't find any logic to this as yours is a ST and mine is a 5dr.

CS made it sound like it may have been the MY18 options I'd spec'd that was causing my delay, but it looks like others are getting them with MY18 options.

Don't expect the builds to be any different after week 42.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Liam

Jul 6, 2018
Gloucester
Still can't find any logic to this as yours is a ST and mine is a 5dr.

CS made it sound like it may have been the MY18 options I'd spec'd that was causing my delay, but it looks like others are getting them with MY18 options.

Don't expect the builds to be any different after week 42.

Just a hunch, but perhaps they’ve categorised what options would actually contribute to increased emissions under WLTP, and need to test these specifications separately. If I remember correctly, you’ve order Pan Sunroof, the extra 50kg(100kg for an ST) or so of that option would surely effect the economy/emissions figures. Conversely, ACC on my order is mainly software, the radar it uses is already integrated in the front air intake and therefore would have negligible effect.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just a hunch, but perhaps they’ve categorised what options would actually contribute to increased emissions under WLTP, and need to test these specifications separately. If I remember correctly, you’ve order Pan Sunroof, the extra 50kg(100kg for an ST) or so of that option would surely effect the economy/emissions figures. Conversely, ACC on my order is mainly software, the radar it uses is already integrated in the front air intake and therefore would have negligible effect.

I wasn't thinking of it like that as the sunroof is still a MY19 option that I expected to have been accounted for.

That said it would make sense.

Anyone with a build date unconfirmed/confirmed have a sunroof on their order?

LS26

Apr 25, 2018
Still nothing on mine.

5 door Monsoon Grey with Seat Sound (now Beats) ordered 1 May.

Have asked recently but been told no build week as of yet and no confirmation of spec. No one has even been able to confirm the (albeit subtle) colour change for me yet.

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018

Mine was simply a standard spec Nevada White ST. No options

Wak3D

Sep 29, 2018
Thame, Oxford
Hi All, ive just joined as a new member as I came across this thread to see if anyone else was in the same boat as me, turns out quite a few of you !

My order for Cupra 300 5dr in Desire Red with Seat Sound Pack went in 1st June and after chasing the lease company a few weeks ago the Dealer told them I have confirmed BW41, lease company told me to expect delivery early December so waiting to see what I get.

From what I can gather from this thread it looks like it will be a 290 with Beats Audio.

AlexOS

Hi All, ive just joined as a new member as I came across this thread to see if anyone else was in the same boat as me, turns out quite a few of you !

My order for Cupra 300 5dr in Desire Red with Seat Sound Pack went in 1st June and after chasing the lease company a few weeks ago the Dealer told them I have confirmed BW41, lease company told me to expect delivery early December so waiting to see what I get.

From what I can gather from this thread it looks like it will be a 290 with Beats Audio.
If it’s built week 41 (next week) then you’d have thought delivery would be mid to late November. Tech info is expected this week for the 5door so there shouldn’t be any further delays.. just for us with the ST 4DRIVE

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
As I have stated on here before I ordered through nationwide vehicle contracts in April.
They are useless at replying to enquiries I sent my 2nd e mail to them last week and they didn’t bother themselves to reply. I have decided that if any Q4 deals come out in a decent car I will go with that and cancel the cupra. Shame, but I hate dealing with incompetent people.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
As I have stated on here before I ordered through nationwide vehicle contracts in April.
They are useless at replying to enquiries I sent my 2nd e mail to them last week and they didn’t bother themselves to reply. I have decided that if any Q4 deals come out in a decent car I will go with that and cancel the cupra. Shame, but I hate dealing with incompetent people.

The same with my Seat Dealer, i have little or even no communication with them, i find out more information on here or contacting Seat CS direct, I phoned the dealer up twice on Friday and once yesterday and asked to speak to the guy who is dealing with my order, on all occasions i didn’t get to speak him but asked someone to get him to call me, I’m still waiting, he did phone me two weeks ago and said “i would be giving you a weekly update now you car has been built” I’ve only received that one call

Halvar

Jun 21, 2018
Nope. Been quoted approx March 19 when it's gonna be built. Only 13 months after order. If I was told it would take over a year I wouldn't have bothered.
Have checked with Seat CS? According to them and my dealer my ST is being built next week and I ordered on a later date than you.

Jordan McCabe

Jul 5, 2018

I’ve ordered exact same spec as you so assuming they’ll be built together soon. I ordered early April so count yourself lucky with the 5 month wait :thumbup:

cola

May 23, 2018
Seat CS are adamant that my car has a confirmed build week of 40. The dealer however claims there is still no build week. Would they not be seeing the same information? :banghead2

Further to this - I received a call from SEAT not long after the dealer came back saying there was no build date. The customer rep told me my car was 100% being built at some point next week and she did not understand why the dealer was saying otherwise as they do see the same information. She raised my order to a brand support manager and about an hour later the dealer came back saying the build date was infact confirmed :fool: I don't know whether they just weren't actually looking or their system updates slower than SEATs..

In my case it was definitely worth asking customer services directly than my supplying dealer.

Reactions: walshy

Wak3D

Sep 29, 2018
Thame, Oxford
Hi,
Have you chased the dealer for a build week date yet ? i guess that shipping has been delayed as a result
the wait for the new car data, nice to know you went for same spec, I agonised over colour for ages

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018

We too are with nationwide, we asked them for our order number and now deal with seat cs driect.

Always makes me laugh when they tell us about a change 4 weeks after we have heard from seat cs.

Sukhraj

Sep 30, 2018
Hi guys new to the forum. Currently got a cupra300 well 290 now on order since mid June. I went with leasehub and they send me weekly updates regarding eta which they say is 22/10/2018. If I was to get into contact with seat cs would I just need my order number that I got provided? Additionally apart from the change from 300 to 290 are there any other changes to the Car e.g. spec?

I'm hoping the new software doesn't stop the Car from pops and crackles. As I was looking to get the vag sport res delete for the Car also!

Halvar

Jun 21, 2018
Hi guys new to the forum. Currently got a cupra300 well 290 now on order since mid June. I went with leasehub and they send me weekly updates regarding eta which they say is 22/10/2018. If I was to get into contact with seat cs would I just need my order number that I got provided? Additionally apart from the change from 300 to 290 are there any other changes to the Car e.g. spec?

I'm hoping the new software doesn't stop the Car from pops and crackles. As I was looking to get the vag sport res delete for the Car also!
Yep just give them a call and give them your order number.

Reactions: Sukhraj