MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Ordered 4Drive in April for Sep delivery... Picked up the new beast last Friday... Sorry it's not a Cupra but personally I'm thinking I've made the right choice. Had the Cupra been delivered on time I wouldn't have had a choice to make, but I'm not going to be waiting nearly a year for a Seat, sorry. Totally different cars though and those of you waiting for the ST probably need the boot space too. View attachment 1560
Very nice wheels mate!

The one I test drove was in black but I was speccing up the estoril blue, my favourite colour in the BMWs.

Think I've made the right choice waiting though.
Although the Cupra is a drop in quality, the BMW I configured was massively down on spec in comparison.

The cost savings and the performance from the Cupra feel right this time around.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Very nice wheels mate!

The one I test drove was in black but I was speccing up the estoril blue, my favourite colour in the BMWs.

Although the Cupra is a drop in quality, the BMW I configured was massively down on spec in comparison.

The cost savings and the performance from the Cupra feel right this time around.

The Cupra is loaded with spec from standard but I'll still be salty if I don't get the heated seats I didn't pay for :cheeky:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
They will, but if I can scrounge a free rental, then I will.. lol

Yeah of course, why wouldn't you!
At least you get to stay on the road either way.

I'm hoping mine comes before the 25th of November. My lease is then up for M.O.T, servicing and warranty. VFWS said I could claim it back but I'm sure it won't be that simple :)

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
Very nice wheels mate!

Thanks mate, I'm sure you'll love your Cupra. Everyone has different needs and tastes, thats why there's so much choice! My ST was highly specced due to the affordability, but lots of extras I can easily live without, pano roof would have been nice though.

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Looking forward to the beats audio. Only spec'd the SEAT Sound because beats wasn't available

I would have put spec on my order but I needed 24k per annum to commute from Preston to Manchester along with all the random driving I'll be doing.

Payments got up to £369/mo on the lease so didn't fancy going any higher.

Would have loved the beats.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I would have put spec on my order but I needed 24k per annum to commute from Preston to Manchester along with all the random driving I'll be doing.

Payments got up to £369/mo on the lease so didn't fancy going any higher.

Would have loved the beats.

24k on a lease didn't realize they'd let you go that high

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
24k on a lease didn't realize they'd let you go that high

Yeah and it's still a pretty good deal I reckon

I don't want to drive 24k miles a year in some boring economical diesel

I'd rather skint myself with fuel bills and come out the other side with a big smile on my face

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
Looking forward to the beats audio. Only spec'd the SEAT Sound because beats wasn't available

I will still only believe the beats audio when someone gets it... there is too much random info flowing around at the moment. I have ordered SEAT sound with Nav high pack and would of picked beats otherwise but as you said was never available.

DG5

Jun 19, 2018
Received an update yesterday, order is now at 'status 10' with an unconfirmed build week of week 40. Hoping the confirmed build week isn't too much different as it all fit nicely into place with my current lease finishing at the beginning of November.

Order was a Monsoon Grey (Now Magnetic Grey) 5 Door Hatch with no options.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Received an update yesterday, order is now at 'status 10' with an unconfirmed build week of week 40. Hoping the confirmed build week isn't too much different as it all fit nicely into place with my current lease finishing at the beginning of November.

I'm starting to think when CS gave me a confirmed BW39 it was unconfirmed, since everyone else is getting unconfirmed build weeks

DG5

Jun 19, 2018
I'm starting to think when CS gave me a confirmed BW39 it was unconfirmed, since everyone else is getting unconfirmed build weeks

My dealer provided a screen shot of the order as it appeared on her computer. May be worth requesting the same info to see what status your order is at, that way you can be sure.

Reactions: walshy

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
My dealer provided a screen shot of the order as it appeared on her computer. May be worth requesting the same info to see what status your order is at, that way you can be sure.

I haven't been dealing with them because they aren't really that approachable and i'd rather not communicate with them, but might be an idea.

Thanks

Jeggers

Sep 4, 2018

My order is exactly the same as yours. When did you order? I ordered 23rd May through IMG. I've not heard anything, but I haven't chased it up as my current lease doesn't go back until Jan.

IMG originally said the car would arrive on Oct but agreed to store the car until my current lease finished. They then put 31st of Jan as estimated date of arrival. I'm sure they only put that because I asked about a loan car of it wasn't here on time.

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
My order is exactly the same as yours. When did you order? I ordered 23rd May through IMG. I've not heard anything, but I haven't chased it up as my current lease doesn't go back until Jan.

IMG originally said the car would arrive on Oct but agreed to store the car until my current lease finished. They then put 31st of Jan as estimated date of arrival. I'm sure they only put that because I asked about a loan car of it wasn't here on time.

This is exactly the same as me, I ordered from IMG on 9th June, they said October but put 31st Jan arrival on the order form.

DG5

Jun 19, 2018

I ordered on 4th June and I believe the order was accepted by the factory on the 13th June.
I ordered through Lookers Seat Stockport

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
I’m must be really lucky here then!

5dr DSG in Mystery blue no extras.

Order placed 5th April 2018
Order confirmed 5th April for For October delivery
Build week confirmed on 16th August for build week 38 Monday 17th September (then 3-4 week deliver to dealership in the UK)

When I placed the order with the lease company they originally estimate late June /early July delivery. Great sales pitch as my PCP car went back 20th June which I told them that. Once my order was place I receive my first update, delivery is now mid August which also was lie. I just deal with Seat CS now.

I’m pissed off with my wait can’t imagine you ST guys with the “finger in the air deliver dates”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: N8KOW and walshy
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise