What did you and your MK2 do today?

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Pretty sure there is a modified engine cover for sale at the moment in the parts section.

I woulda bought it myself, but modded my own about 3 weeks ago haha. They look awesome when they are done, just waiting to get mine tidied up by a bodyshop now and possible sprayed candy white to match :)

He's holding it for me for the moment mate

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Ok. Help
a6eramu2.jpg

Got scuttle off n wheel off. Do i just undo top bolt n compress spring n it comes out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robban

Oct 15, 2011
Växjö, Sweden
Do you have any pics of the parts you cutted away?
Really dont want to butcher my cover, i want an intake and an engine cover, but want to still use the cover if I ever go oem.

Hi,
Check this on youtube, since this also describes how to cut the engine cover.
Search: motorabdeckung EVOMS
Should be the first that pops up (1 min 59 sec long)
BR
Robert

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
The rears are a piece of piss to change. I'd take it to a garage for the fronts, wont be much in labour, though they arent hard to do, just trickier than the rears.

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
Finally redone plastidip the front bumper after it blistered on my first go.

This time it looks a lot better, I also fitted my new black wing mirror covers and the cupra grille I have had lying around for a while now.

486414DD-6BF1-4679-9268-3D8C2D408D93.jpg

46A1BFFD-BA0E-4D80-AB30-CDE9610BAB2D.jpg

6C72EA45-61E1-4666-B77A-8CE2ACAAE49B.jpg

Ordering some eibach sportlines tomorrow and will be lowered by Friday.

Starting to look like how I want it, wheels to be refurbished gloss black and then map it.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Gave the FR to the other half as her A3's aux belt finally packed in after me repeatedly telling her to get it done. Gave her a list of do's an don'ts when using it lol.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum

The 19 will drive like shoot
(like shi7)
+1. And if you fit 35 profile tyres you'll never wear em out coz the potholes will munch the sidewalls........ Go for 18's you won't regret it.

Last edited:

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
I use a set of 18's in winter and a set of 19's in summer and yes the ride is slightly worse with the 19's but id still pick them every day of the week and as soon as I take them off everyone tells me I shouldnt have!

With the 19's on the car looks lower and as the have a lower et and lower profile tyres it DEFINATELY corners btter with less roll.

where I live the roads are unbelievable and I cover a lot more miles than probably anyone else pn here and have never damaged a tyre on them.

You only get one real chance (if ur skint like me) to get the right set of wheels and for me the top priority was thw overall look with bigger wheels give.

hope this helps a bit

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Yup. Got my triple r on and was doing the springs today but that went to shite. Did you stagger your alloys n put 8.5 on front n 9.5 on back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk