What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Fitted my iPod Brodit mount into my glove box this morning, No more random cables which is nice :)

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Euro car parts are going to become a giant in the UK car market. They've been bought out by lkq a massive American firm who want to dominate the UK. There in bed with all the big boys. 3m products are cheaper than wholesale at the moment

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
finally got around to posting a picture up of the rear end work...

Flyeye lights and sprayed badge

:D

Always wanted to do something with the rear lights but just think they look too dark flyeyed. Wish there was some nice smoked ones available.

Any chance you could take a pic of them lit up?

Last edited:

Siboneh

Apr 3, 2012
UK
I had my lights done last year I wrapped them with covex wrap it doesn't look too dark and makes it look a bit different.

amu4y5ur.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Cheers jarre. Just ordered some so fingers crossed. Then I'll order those his bulbs you linked me to. :)

Mines probably a little different to yours as mines a Btcc and the fogs are next to the side vents...

I just took the vents out and undid the 3 screws @ either side, on mine the screws are quite well hidden I had to use a small trox with a 90 degree bend adapter fitted to it to reach some of the screws...Mines genuine laminix its expensive but so so easy to fit, just heat it up with a hairdryer spray the fog glass with water and stretch onto the foglight, job done...I never use my fogs so mines just for looks............

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
I re-did my front plastic scuttle panel yesterday with 4D carbon wrap as the cold winter months had started to lift the wrap away @ the edges and around the washer jets...this time I started from the middle and work out to either edge, it was so so much easier doing it that way + it looks a lot more tidy...

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
Looks awesome, I'm really jealous.

How did you modify the engine cover, really want to do this if I fit an intake.

It's really easy to do, just remove the cover, fit the intake, the split the cover in two by undoing the screws offer the top part up and cut away what you want to lose with a hack saw,, then cut the bottom half to match, but LEAVE the rear hole in place for the cover mounts to be slotted into..... and youre done

jocco

Feb 28, 2014
Macedonia
It's really easy to do, just remove the cover, fit the intake, the split the cover in two by undoing the screws offer the top part up and cut away what you want to lose with a hack saw,, then cut the bottom half to match, but LEAVE the rear hole in place for the cover mounts to be slotted into..... and youre done

Do you have any pics of the parts you cutted away?
Really dont want to butcher my cover, i want an intake and an engine cover, but want to still use the cover if I ever go oem.

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
Do you have any pics of the parts you cutted away?
Really dont want to butcher my cover, i want an intake and an engine cover, but want to still use the cover if I ever go oem.

sorry, dont have any pics, Neuspeed to a carbon cover which I ordered, but I think im going to cancel it asit is £300 .... shouldnt reakly have ordered it tbh. plus really liking how the bay looks now

Robbo-K1

Oct 18, 2013
Hull
Pretty sure there is a modified engine cover for sale at the moment in the parts section.

I woulda bought it myself, but modded my own about 3 weeks ago haha. They look awesome when they are done, just waiting to get mine tidied up by a bodyshop now and possible sprayed candy white to match :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.