What did you and your MK2 do today?

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
Ordered forge twintake carbon induction system, neuspeed carbon engine cover, r8 oil cap, blackout caps, gti battery cover, full 3" decat Meetcat exhaust and full revamp and powder coat of the wheels (booked in for next thursday anyway) .... and shes going in for a full service with timing belt replacement and ngk irridium plugs!

Busy busy

Aug 28, 2013
Lanarkshire
Got new tyre fitted.

Then had it washed, de-badged the boot, then gave it a coat of dodo juice supernatural paint cleanser, dodo juice purple velvet hard wax then a coat of soft high shine paste wax I've had for a few years. That'll do for this month.
aqe4e2up.jpg

-herc-

Oct 6, 2008
N.ireland
Im having the car machine polished tomorrow so jet washed it, washed it clay bar then washed it again today, I got so much tar and muck off the paint work and I only clayed it 3 months ago...After that I was bored so fitted my gasket that's been sat in the draw for 6 weeks to try and help with my stutter, then laminex'd my foglights, it took me longer to get them out than it did to laminex them!!!!!
20140309_1552131_zps8fedec52.jpg

Hi mate - how did you laminate your fogs. Is it an easy process? I'd love to do mine. Where did you get the laminating sheet from?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Hi mate - how did you laminate your fogs. Is it an easy process? I'd love to do mine. Where did you get the laminating sheet from?

I did mine a few weeks back with a cheap yellow tint film off eBay. Easy enough to apply, 10 mins to do both fogs. Seems to be holding up well at the minute!

-herc-

Oct 6, 2008
N.ireland
I did mine a few weeks back with a cheap yellow tint film off eBay. Easy enough to apply, 10 mins to do both fogs. Seems to be holding up well at the minute!

Cheers jarre. Just ordered some so fingers crossed. Then I'll order those his bulbs you linked me to. :)

Jan 3, 2014
Collected my splitter from Edinburgh then drove to job interview in Perth (I live in St Andrews) so covered around 220 miles. Car never missed a beat. Hopefully clean car this afternoon and fit splitter. Any links on how to fit a Triple R splitter?

James

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Ticked over 45k yesterday, looked down a split second before it did, been doing a fair few miles recently, not good for the wallet!

Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
would you recomment 8.5 on front and 9.5 on the back or the same all round.?

and would 19" be too much and a shocking ride. bearing in mind i have my sportlines to fit still?

Thats what I'd go for mate. Have you tried ebay? Theres loads advertised on there, also if you go on 3sdm's website they have a list of sellers.

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Collected my splitter from Edinburgh then drove to job interview in Perth (I live in St Andrews) so covered around 220 miles. Car never missed a beat. Hopefully clean car this afternoon and fit splitter. Any links on how to fit a Triple R splitter?

James

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

i listed how i did mine not too many pages back. search my posts.

get the front end jacked up!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.