What did you and your MK2 do today?

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
I got my boot lid sprayed on my FR about 2 months ago as i had a chip through to the metal. Wahed the car yesterday and when i was drying it off noticed that the lacquer has started to peel quite badly in one area and blistering in another. Called the guy that done it and his response....... shouldnt be!!!! He is going to come have a look next week. Anyway worse case scenario can anyone from the Edinburgh area recommend a good sprayer/bodyshop. also i am guessing it will need to be rubbed back and re primed?

cheers

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I got my boot lid sprayed on my FR about 2 months ago as i had a chip through to the metal. Wahed the car yesterday and when i was drying it off noticed that the lacquer has started to peel quite badly in one area and blistering in another. Called the guy that done it and his response....... shouldnt be!!!! He is going to come have a look next week. Anyway worse case scenario can anyone from the Edinburgh area recommend a good sprayer/bodyshop. also i am guessing it will need to be rubbed back and re primed?

cheers

I wouldnt be paying for someone else to do it, i'd be asking him for a respray FOC.

Mar 22, 2012
South east
Minor service, cam follower changed although not much wear and 2 new dunlop sport maxx on the front.
a9ejy9uz.jpg

Also saw a nice cupra key ring in the merchandise cabinet, asked the lady how much and she didn't know. I said must be free with a service and she came back and have me it for free along with a nice branded pen. if you don't ask you don't get!
abypumuj.jpg

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Minor service, cam follower changed although not much wear and 2 new dunlop sport maxx on the front.
a9ejy9uz.jpg

Also saw a nice cupra key ring in the merchandise cabinet, asked the lady how much and she didn't know. I said must be free with a service and she came back and have me it for free along with a nice branded pen. if you don't ask you don't get!
abypumuj.jpg

You cheeky ******* lol!!!

How many miles had that cam follower done?

Lee M

a9ejy9uz.jpg

abypumuj.jpg

I got one of them key rings free too with my £22k cupra K1.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Ordered interior LEDs off the bay.

Also found some 40mm H&R springs for £165 delivered from Germany. Too good a price to refuse so might have to make the purchase.

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Im having the car machine polished tomorrow so jet washed it, washed it clay bar then washed it again today, I got so much tar and muck off the paint work and I only clayed it 3 months ago...After that I was bored so fitted my gasket that's been sat in the draw for 6 weeks to try and help with my stutter, then laminex'd my foglights, it took me longer to get them out than it did to laminex them!!!!!
20140309_1552131_zps8fedec52.jpg

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
You'll need to clean it again tomorrow though surely?

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

Yer I will be doing it again tomorrow morning before its done, but it'll just be a quick wash over in the morning to remove the drive overs grime, the big wash was today...

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Ahh fair one, I could just hear the sound of all those tiny little bits of dirt and grit being ground into the paintwork lol

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

mini_racer

Dec 16, 2011
Took my k1 up santapod to a rwyb day. Got 7 runs all with passenger bar my first run which was my best at 13.556 and terminal speed of 106.67mph. Not to bad considering I'm running super budget tyres atm! Think I'll be needing a new clutch sooner rather than later tho

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Im having the car machine polished tomorrow so jet washed it, washed it clay bar then washed it again today, I got so much tar and muck off the paint work and I only clayed it 3 months ago...After that I was bored so fitted my gasket that's been sat in the draw for 6 weeks to try and help with my stutter, then laminex'd my foglights, it took me longer to get them out than it did to laminex them!!!!!
20140309_1552131_zps8fedec52.jpg

Looks good, out of interest how much is the machine polishing costing?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.