What did you and your MK2 do today?

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Great....just passed a camera van doing 60 in a 50 :(

Only because it's at the end of a big downhill!!

Really gutted for you mate. It is a painfull time waiting for the letter to drop on the doormat. Were you spot on 60 on the dash? That would be about 55-56mph in reality. Damn close to squeaking through and getting away it!

I don't condone speeding in restricted zones, but I don't condone 50mph zones either! :p

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Really gutted for you mate. It is a painfull time waiting for the letter to drop on the doormat. Were you spot on 60 on the dash? That would be about 55-56mph in reality. Damn close to squeaking through and getting away it!

I don't condone speeding in restricted zones, but I don't condone 50mph zones either! :p

I may have a slight chance. Ever so slight. But doubt it. It's a 3 lane 50 road...wtf. But as said, no excuse. I was breaking the law. Can't say I regret doing 10mph over the limit in that particular situation but I am gutted. Not keen on the fact that they put the van at the bottom of a downhill though. That's just being mean :)
My MIL got caught in the same situation once. And she NEVER speeds. "It's a limit"

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I may have a slight chance. Ever so slight. But doubt it. It's a 3 lane 50 road...wtf. But as said, no excuse. I was breaking the law. Can't say I regret doing 10mph over the limit in that particular situation but I am gutted. Not keen on the fact that they put the van at the bottom of a downhill though. That's just being mean :)
My MIL got caught in the same situation once. And she NEVER speeds. "It's a limit"

Where abouts mate??

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Well terraclean done, not really been able to do proper test drive as had to go back and pick up the mrs' car which is getting done any min. My findings so far:
As soon as it started up I could hear the engine sounded quieter. Felt alot more free revving. On pulling away it revved quicker more responsive, a bit nippier. Coming on and off throttle is alot smoother too. Only done about 2 miles so obviously dont know about mpg yet but will update when the tank is empty.
Heres a pic of the pipework hooked
bepu7e5u.jpg
up

What is that added balloon looking thingy on the piping in the picture

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
Everything your saying is true, it would be my only car so it would be my daily car. I'm 23 I don't drive my car hard. If I had something like this and I ******** pulls up in a S3 wanting to show off... I'll let him because I have nothing to prove lol. But everyone tells me you only live once and when you decide to have your own house trying to fit something like this into your budget could be a bit difficult.

Just having a think about it lol thanks for the replies :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 21 and had my Cupra since I was 20! :)
Insurance isn't that bad, mine was £731 last year!

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Intended to fit my new armrest today however it appears I've been sent a broken one as the latch to open and shut it wont close leaving the lid loose, also the insert for it is missing. Looks like its going back to Dave @Sere. What a pain in the arse, looks like it had been opened previously as it wasnt in any of the plastic packaging it was just loose in the box.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Intended to fit my new armrest today however it appears I've been sent a broken one as the latch to open and shut it wont close leaving the lid loose, also the insert for it is missing. Looks like its going back to Dave @Sere. What a pain in the arse, looks like it had been opened previously as it wasnt in any of the plastic packaging it was just loose in the box.

Dave normally provides excellent service, Id say he genuinely didn't know.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Dave normally provides excellent service, Id say he genuinely didn't know.

Yeah he does usually and he has said he wasnt aware otherwise he wouldnt of sent it. He's been very accomodating and has agreed to cover any postage costs for me sending it back.

Also last night I met up with Jarre (Sam) to have the alarm chirp enabled through VCDS. Thanks again Sam, really appreciated it, though I'm definitely going to have to get mine lowered after seeing yours.

Robban

Oct 15, 2011
Växjö, Sweden
Installed by BCS exhaust today with the SEAT diffusor. Perfect fit on the system!
My tail pipe are situated roughy one inch further out, so it's not in the same line. Looks more brutal in that way ;)
This is the design our European Cupra R also should be like..
Rob

[M]ike

Oct 9, 2013
Under the sea
Installed by BCS exhaust today with the SEAT diffusor. Perfect fit on the system!
My tail pipe are situated roughy one inch further out, so it's not in the same line. Looks more brutal in that way ;)
This is the design our European Cupra R also should be like..
Rob

Nice Rob. Should get a pic up so we can all see. Getting my BCS tbe fitted and mapped wednesday :D

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.