What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Depends how low you wanna go I guess. If you would only put JOMS on at a similar stance to what the sportlines would give then id just go for sport lines. I imagine they'd be more comfortable, but I've not been in a car with JOMS! Mines on AP coilovers and I'm really happy with them now :)

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
Has anyone fitted this to there 2.0tdi 170cr leon mk2. Just wanted to make sure it was the proper one for me. Also doesn't cause any problems with the DPF?
jy2a2a7y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
There is one "proper" intake for your diesel and SEAT has already put it on for you :)
Save your pennies and get some nice lowering springs or something :)

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
Haha cheers for that mate, I'm also looking at fitting sportlines just concerned as I have the btcc kit and a front splitter so dropping it 45-50mm will surely make it hti every bump??

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Haha cheers for that mate, I'm also looking at fitting sportlines just concerned as I have the btcc kit and a front splitter so dropping it 45-50mm will surely make it hti every bump??

Haha. Only if you go over them like a tool. But yes you'll have to take it a bit easy. Mind. Plenty of space

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
You won't hit any bumps with sport lines! I don't hit that many and my coil overs are low and I have a front splitter! I don't catch the splitter, I catch the middle of the car when going over speed bumps sometimes. Sportlines are quite a bit higher than my coil overs too :)

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
You won't hit any bumps with sport lines! I don't hit that many and my coil overs are low and I have a front splitter! I don't catch the splitter, I catch the middle of the car when going over speed bumps sometimes. Sportlines are quite a bit higher than my coil overs too :)

But you don't have btcc coolness. Fail.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
You won't have any issues mate. The splitters were designed to lose minimal height. :)

Ye you should be fine Shawn. When Kev and I got together to design/build the splitter for the btcc kit we worked with ground clearance being a key point. So instead of making something to strap onto the bottom, we made something to mould up into the base of the bumper. Thus, from the front it looks a lot lower but you are actually only loosing 1.5-2mm of ground clearance.

Hope that helps buddy

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
Cheers benzy. Puts my mind at ease because the last thing I wanted to do was leave my bumper at a speed bump.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members