What did you and your MK2 do today?

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Rides not too different Daniel but its definatly planted around the corners more. And obviously lower

The height difference between front and rear ride height will make the car handle in significantly different ways. If the back is lower than the front it will make the back more stable but the front push on and under-steer. If the back is slightly higher than the front then the back end will feel like it wants to come round but the front will turn in quicker and have less tendency to under-steer.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2011
the Wirral
The height difference between front and rear ride height will make the car handle in significantly different ways. If the back is lower than the front it will make the back more stable but the front push on and under-steer. If the back is slightly higher than the front then the back end will feel like it wants to come round but the front will turn in quicker and have less tendency to under-steer.

The "experts" at awesome set it up. To me it looks level, but on the printout sheet the rear is like 2 or 3 mm higher. On i spirited drive before it did understeer a bit but it was wet and i was pushing it out a corner from a roundabout.

Last edited:

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
The "experts" at awesome set it up. To me it looks level, but on the printout sheet the rear is like 2 or 3 mm higher. On i spirited drive before it did understeer a bit but it was wet and i was pushing it out a corner from a roundabout.

Take a note of the settings, mark the struts, and try different setting to see the difference it makes. That is for a trackday or the likes.

Nov 27, 2011
the Wirral
IM know im never going to track the car. But i am going back to awesome for something tomorow. I could ask them then.

Is it better to be nose down or level?

If nose down by how much difference?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Rides not too different Daniel but its definatly planted around the corners more. And obviously lower

Thanks, cant decide between JOMs or sportlines...

That is commitment to V Power!

I might have to start using Vpower. Is there a noticeable difference to standard supermarket stuff? I have used it before on an old company car but didnt pay much attention as I wasnt paying for the fuel.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Had some turd tailgating me in an octavia vrs this morning then undertook me, presumably to show off how much smoke comes out of the exhaust...

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I'm making the assumption that your in the UK mainland somewhere. If that's the case then I'm surprised that people are able to speed at all, assuming that he exceeded the speed limit. I say this because I went to a wedding in Falkirk on the 600 bandit and found that progress wasn't quite as swift as it would be over here due to the speed camera every 100 yards.

Last edited:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
I'm making the assumption that your in the UK mainland somewhere. If that's the case then I'm surprised that people are able to speed at all, assuming that he exceeded the speed limit. I say this because I went to a wedding in Falkirk on the 600 bandit and found that progress wasn't quite as swift as it would be over here due to the speed camera every 100 yards.

Not quite every 100 yards, but pretty close :lol:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland

Where abouts in Falkirk???

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
IM know im never going to track the car. But i am going back to awesome for something tomorow. I could ask them then.

Is it better to be nose down or level?

If nose down by how much difference?

I would go front down by 10mm. The effects your looking for the road should be subtle. The slightly higher back end should aid turn in and limit understeer. If you brake hard and find the back end swinging about on you then back it off to 5 mm down at the front. Eibach springs give as lowering 30mm front and 20-25mm rear. I wouldn't go to low from the standard ride height either. My personal preferences is bumpy back roads and to low with mismatched damping can send you from one side of the road to the other.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Where abouts in Falkirk???

It was Renfrew. Lovely place and I got froze going up some big mountain/hill on the way there. Then got lost and ended up in Glasgow and sought some directions in Tesco. Is it racially offensive or incorrect to apply the term yardy to a young black male hanging about at traffic lights that appears to be edging unnerving close to ones person. Well that happened in Glasgow, needless to say I didn't hang about to find out if he and his friends were said yardies or not. But Renfrew was a lovely place. The only thing that tainted the experience somewhat was the death of Robert Palmer.

Last edited:

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Just bben to have a look at the repair and spray job on mine, they have done a stunning job, car looks mint. only down side is after talking to the guy and saying ill respray the grill n badge myself later in the year he said he didnt have one of those but does have a cupra front and rear bumper from a prev job they didnt want back.....

wish he had told me last week as i would have got him to spray them up for me....

so....... off to have a look at them next week ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.