What did you and your MK2 do today?

Dingbell88

Jan 26, 2014
Glasgow
went a drive to Falkirk to skidz look at some wheels , car has decided to not to produce power now , doesn't seam to be boosting properly , turbo is spinning fine but no power . slow drive home just incase now trying to figure out whats wrong :(

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
^^ Looking good. Mine arrived this morning and I know what you mean about the height.
Did you have to cut the metal post to get it dropped down as well as trimming the plastic?

Right bare with me on this as its a lttle completed, 1st I cut off the plastic base the arm rest sits on . basically the arm rest sits down on that angled piece of plastic the top plate of the empty box that you screw down.

Next you take the angled piece of plastic and put it under the top screw down plate to aid keeping the arm frommoving around to much....still with me!!! Next the plastic angled piece which is now under the plate movesaround as you move the arm, to provent it moving around I got a thick thick piece of round cardboard tube cur it to 130mm long and cut out the shape of the angled cut off plastic.

This tube acts as a stabiliser to stop the arm bit moving around in the box, I tie wrapped the ally arm and plastic to the tube then incase it in duck tape, then pushed it down into the empty hole that the ally arm would sit in and screwed the lid on...hey presto the arm tilts up & down but doesnt move around other than up&down..

Its fiddly and takes sometime to do. on mine everthings hidden and it just looks factory done...believe me I spent hours figuring it out before I did it....phew is that clear as mud...

RobFR

Nov 23, 2012
Northumberland
Right bare with me on this as its a lttle completed, 1st I cut off the plastic base the arm rest sits on . basically the arm rest sits down on that angled piece of plastic the top plate of the empty box that you screw down.

Next you take the angled piece of plastic and put it under the top screw down plate to aid keeping the arm frommoving around to much....still with me!!! Next the plastic angled piece which is now under the plate movesaround as you move the arm, to provent it moving around I got a thick thick piece of round cardboard tube cur it to 130mm long and cut out the shape of the angled cut off plastic.

This tube acts as a stabiliser to stop the arm bit moving around in the box, I tie wrapped the ally arm and plastic to the tube then incase it in duck tape, then pushed it down into the empty hole that the ally arm would sit in and screwed the lid on...hey presto the arm tilts up & down but doesnt move around other than up&down..

Its fiddly and takes sometime to do. on mine everthings hidden and it just looks factory done...believe me I spent hours figuring it out before I did it....phew is that clear as mud...

I will start looking at this tomorrow. Appreciate the guide.
May have a few questions when I get started though.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Went to Manchester today, it's been really windy, to the point that it was peeling the wipers from the windscreen! Anyone else experienced this? I actually thought it was going to rip the wiper arm off!

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

I live in huddersfield so nearly on the moors and find this a lot. Some times it feels like your not going anywhere with how windy it gets. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I live in huddersfield so nearly on the moors and find this a lot. Some times it feels like your not going anywhere with how windy it gets. Lol.

It's the first car I've had where the wipers park vertically rather than horizontally and they just seemed to lift off the screen really easy when the high winds got hold of them, I was genuinely worried they were going to end up breaking.

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
On a more sore note my wind deflectors arrived today through the postbox with a delivery note stating arrived to us in this condition, i got them 2nd hand off ebay basically the ends the bit that goes down by the wing mirtirs were snapped in half..

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
So i've now had to order brand new ones so in total have spent £52.00 on £32.00 wind deflectors!!

The seller is being a w__ker & saying all ok went i sent them, im proper pi__ed over it i've always refunded when items i've sent have been faulty, hes refusing point blank so im opening an ebay case which no doubt i'll lose..

anyway rant over...

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Gave it a wash ready for its repairs tomorrow.

genehuta.jpg