What did you and your MK2 do today?

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Well i recon mine is classed as stage 2. Straight through downpipe, straight through exhaust, performance filter and custom tuned. I'm gonna make some videos at some point. There is some smoke but only under full throttle. All in all tho I'm thrilled with it :)

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Found out while it was up on the ramps tho that my sump has gone porous :( iv heard that this is a common problem. Has this been covered by seat uk at all? Or is it just a case of having to get a new one

simon128927

Jul 25, 2012
Herefordshire
Did they look well? Like the look of those ones in the link I uploaded but its probably photoshopped, if the look similar and error free ill just get the ones you suggested - fit my car ok? Pre fl

Matt the ones in your link aren't photoshopped I use them in my R but I got mine through work not off the bay and have no problem with errors on the dash I have just got some more for the car as I think the one was on its way out but still have a good one I can send you to try in your car if you message me your address.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Matt the ones in your link aren't photoshopped I use them in my R but I got mine through work not off the bay and have no problem with errors on the dash I have just got some more for the car as I think the one was on its way out but still have a good one I can send you to try in your car if you message me your address.

Why I love SCN :D

simon128927

Jul 25, 2012
Herefordshire
Why I love SCN :D

No probs fella I will post you both of them they might work fine for you but my dash kept coming on now and again saying that the one side had gone but it was still working so I think one of the little diodes was starting to give in as I had them a while they look 100 times better than the crappy standard bulbs. Let me know how you get on.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
They work with no errors and are nice and bright.
Not a blue light either just a nice crisp white.
Here's a pic from in my garage just now so not the greatest pic but you get the idea
a8apamev.jpg

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
No probs fella I will post you both of them they might work fine for you but my dash kept coming on now and again saying that the one side had gone but it was still working so I think one of the little diodes was starting to give in as I had them a while they look 100 times better than the crappy standard bulbs. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks very much dude :)!

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Learned a few things today

A) Gloss black pillars are not my cup of tea. Wrapped and unwrapped
B) wrapping a gauge pod is a right pain. And I failed.
C) getting a wire from the engine bay to the inside is more challenging than solving a Rubik's cube. Failed in this as well.

And my biggest lesson of the day:
Razor blades are sharp!!

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Getting a wire through is very easy if you use the passenger side but it does mean removing the battery to access the grommet.
This comes out just behind the interior fan motor

I take it you cut yourself?

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Getting a wire through is very easy if you use the passenger side but it does mean removing the battery to access the grommet.
This comes out just behind the interior fan motor

I take it you cut yourself?

I removed the battery, found the big grommet with the nipples on it to cut off. I sliced one off (and half my finger), and figured that was that. Poked a screwdriver through on the engine side.
Found the grommet in the passenger side, but no sign of the screwdriver.
Gave up at that point.

So I think I was 99% there. I can't get the boost tube through on the engine side, so I wanted to push it through on the passenger footwell side. Doesn't help that the sound deadening is in the way and really tough to shift

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.