shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
jana6u6y.jpg

Found another sticker and stuck it :)

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Let us know what you think, was considering taking mine there in a couple of months.

Just got back, it's completely transformed the car, wish I had done it earlier. Great service from the guys there! Couldn't praise them enough.

On a bad note tho, when I was on the ramps it's clear my sump has before porous :( it's leaking. Looks like ill b needing a new one

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Just got back, it's completely transformed the car, wish I had done it earlier. Great service from the guys there! Couldn't praise them enough.

On a bad note tho, when I was on the ramps it's clear my sump has before porous :( it's leaking. Looks like ill b needing a new one

Numbers numbers numbers!!! Hehe

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Watch out Kev, it isn't a Seat, don't want to piss on anyones chips hehe :p

In all seriousness looks lovely, and very classy. Thought about de-badging? I love the smooth boot lid when debadged on the golf :) Any more plans?

Anyway the garage that had my Leon has sold it today, someone picked it up and it's off to live in the Norwich area, I hope the new owner comes on here!

Picture just before it was picked up :(

Was pretty sure I seen your old wagon on Pistonheads in the classifieds, would I be right?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Ben couldn't put it on the rollers so we went out and mapped it on the road so don't have any exact figures. He recons it's just shy of 220 bhp and around 450 Newton meters

Seems to be that these cars only have 1 stage that they map to :)
Stg1 cars have the same power as stg2.

Might as well I suppose as there is no hardware diff between 1 and 2.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Seems to be that these cars only have 1 stage that they map to :)
Stg1 cars have the same power as stg2.

Might as well I suppose as there is no hardware diff between 1 and 2.

People need to define what they mean by Stage1,Stage2 etc though because people are starting to merge the stages.

Before we had DPF's fitted to diesels there was some clear definition in Stages

PD130 for example

Stage1, mapping
Stage2, Mapping and downpipe, airfilter, Exhaust
Stage3, above + Hyrbid turbo and some other toys

But now There's a Stage1 map and a Stage1 DPF delete

PD170

Stage1 - Map only with DPF in place

Stage0 DPF Delete, DPF hardware and software removal, No power mapping
Stage1 DPF Delete, DPF Hardware and software removal with some power mapping (205-210)
Stage2, the same as above but more aggressive (210-215)
Stage2+, The same as above but maxing out OEM turbo (220-230) - Me and Wee G got to this point
Stage 3, Hybrid Turbo or Big Turbo (240-300) - Kilner is at this point with a GTB2260VK

If you compare a Stage1 car (With DPF in place) to a Stage1 DPF deleted car there will be a difference, the DPF isn't in place so it will flow better, People claim 205bhp with DPF in place and id like to see a car with DPF in place actually make a real 205bhp

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
People need to define what they mean by Stage1,Stage2 etc though because people are starting to merge the stages.

Before we had DPF's fitted to diesels there was some clear definition in Stages

PD130 for example

Stage1, mapping
Stage2, Mapping and downpipe, airfilter, Exhaust
Stage3, above + Hyrbid turbo and some other toys

But now There's a Stage1 map and a Stage1 DPF delete

PD170

Stage1 - Map only with DPF in place

Stage0 DPF Delete, DPF hardware and software removal, No power mapping
Stage1 DPF Delete, DPF Hardware and software removal with some power mapping (205-210)
Stage2, the same as above but more aggressive (210-215)
Stage2+, The same as above but maxing out OEM turbo (220-230) - Me and Wee G got to this point
Stage 3, Hybrid Turbo or Big Turbo (240-300) - Kilner is at this point with a GTB2260VK

If you compare a Stage1 car (With DPF in place) to a Stage1 DPF deleted car there will be a difference, the DPF isn't in place so it will flow better, People claim 205bhp with DPF in place and id like to see a car with DPF in place actually make a real 205bhp

Hopefully the likes of Darkside, Revo, Shark etc will start defining stages now that A) DPFs are common place and B) CommonRails are common place.

The next step for me, I was told would be hybrid/bigger turbo. Mostly because maxing out the current turbo makes little to no sense as a daily driver. So stg2+ is kind of neither here nor there. Sure you can agree.... :)

I'd love to start seeing CRs with big turbos pushing the 300 barrier. I'm also keeping an eye on kilner's progress of course. Really good stuff he's doing

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Darkside are really the only company that are doing things with PD170/CR170 i think they are building a CR140 BT Ibiza at the moment.

Kilner is just doing mental things with his and hes doing it himelf

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Darkside are really the only company that are doing things with PD170/CR170 i think they are building a CR140 BT Ibiza at the moment.

Kilner is just doing mental things with his and hes doing it himelf

Have they finally got a CR170? I thought the CR140 ibiza was just brought in. I guess little to no diff between the two...
If I were to go for a re-remap, I'd have a tough time deciding to go for Revo or Darkside

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.