What did you and your MK2 do today?

Pedestrian

Feb 16, 2012
Sandbach, Cheshire, North West
Is the undertray rear fixings secure?
Sounds like it maybe the undertray flapping once at speed.
Just a thought

Urm not 100% sure where you mean?

I just took it to a mate who works at a garage, had a quick drive and he seems to think that the top of the struts are loose - so over the week as the vibrations have made it worse. Sounds like a pretty good stab to me, will get it taken somewhere on Tuesday and ask them to make sure everything is secure.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I've had it on a skoda octavia that had a flapping noise with a vibration in the car and it was the 2 rear fixings of the undertray missing.
When the car reached about 60mph it started and stopped once you slowed down.
The diesels have a different undertray to the petrols and fix in to the alloy subframe.
If you look under the car you should be able to see if the plastic tray is secured at the rear.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I've had it on a skoda octavia that had a flapping noise with a vibration in the car and it was the 2 rear fixings of the undertray missing.
When the car reached about 60mph it started and stopped once you slowed down.
The diesels have a different undertray to the petrols and fix in to the alloy subframe.
If you look under the car you should be able to see if the plastic tray is secured at the rear.

Ditto. On a C5 sounded like the engine was falling out. Undertray had been damaged by something and was flapping around. Was hard to spot when stationary as it went back into place.

Magicsky

I got the need for speed
Oct 8, 2012
West Sussex
Had a go at vinyl wrapping to see if I like it or not. If I keep it then I'll probably get a professional job done on it as what I've done looks crap up close!

6yzare3y.jpg

Just need to do the scuttle now buddy.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Cleaned it up lovely fished with AG HD wax. i now have black water slugs when sheeting the water off.

Fitted pollen filter (thumbs up dave @ sere)

Still need to fit my SEAT sport number plate surrounds. but i have to cut the dealer info bit off the bottom of the reg plate, any ideas on how. I have stihl saws at work???

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Is the scuttle tray easy to remove?

Simple, lift bonnet, remove 8-10 torx screws along the bottom, remove bonnet felt(mines in the bin now), use pliers to push the clips through bonnet, unclip the washer jets from scuttle and off it comes.

Mine is in carbon wrap now.

Had to add about a litre of oil to the engine as it was pretty much on the min line for some reason :S

Last edited:

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Simple, lift bonnet, remove 8-10 torx screws along the bottom, remove bonnet felt(mines in the bin now), use pliers to push the clips through bonnet, unclip the washer jets from scuttle and off it comes.

Mine is in carbon wrap now.

Had to add about a litre of oil to the engine as it was pretty much on the min line for some reason :S

Does the vinyl take very well to the rough surface of the scuttle or did I rub it down smooth first?

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Its applied well tbh, just had to put little pin holes in some places where it bubbled again after a week or so and now its stuck down well, just heated the vinyl a little bit too much in one place.

Looks decent and alot better than standard

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
yjehyqep.jpg

Caused by
a7e2y5u9.jpg

....argh. And I'm broke as sh**

And N/S front is also knacked from when my wife curbed the car big style. I think a VW Fox is more in my price bracket...this is getting too expensive

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.