Seat IBIZA '09 1.9TDi mk5 *MINI CAR*

mwillis551

No D-Turbo!
Jan 29, 2012
Northern Ireland, Portadown
Right had this car for a couple of months now, love it to pieces :)
Was looking for a blue golf for about a year, but couldn't find the right one :blink:
Then thought i wanted a D-Turbo 306, but again couldn't find the right one as they had all been wrecked lol
So got this . . .
Its a 1.9TDi, was looking for a 1.6 but this one came up sooner :) and its the same insurance group as a 1.6 so win-win :D
Haven't done very much but, you needa start somewhere, right? :)

Well here is the car when i picked it up :)
DSC01041.jpg

DSC01186.jpg

Wanna do some mods to make it look a bit more aggressive etc but not ridiculously "pimped out" haha

Plans
-Gloss Black Wing Mirrors
-GO LOWER!!!
-New Wheels
-remap :)
-Rear ARB
-GTI polo dead pedal
. . . . for now

Done
-number plate lights Pg 1
-stubby ariel Pg 1
-air horn :D Pg 1
-black IBIZA writing Pg 1
-aero rear wiper Pg 1
-black sill guards Pg 1
-lowered on 35mm KW springs Pg 1
-TT pedals Pg 2
-front tints :whistle: Pg 2
-Seat Sport number plate surrounds Pg2
-spacers Pg 2
-smoked side repeaters Pg 3
-number plates Pg 3
-windscreen sticker Pg 3
-cupra headlights Pg 3
-HIDs 6000k Pg 3
-black grill surround Pg 4
-vinyled lower lip on front bumper Pg 4

Last edited:

mwillis551

No D-Turbo!
Jan 29, 2012
Then I ordered 50 pieces of red lego of ebay, to make myself some dust caps (50 pieces cos i'm sure they'll be getting stole quite a lot) :stick:

Just drilled the centre out and glued the black plastic dust cap in, then put it on :)
DSC01455.jpg

mwillis551

No D-Turbo!
Jan 29, 2012
Got a snow foam lance because they looked good craic and its soooo fun :D
DSC01355.jpg

I thought it was about time i put a heavy duty lorry horn on so people could hear me coming, so thats what i bought next :D
Had to do it right so it was a 'bumper off' job. Mounted it in front of the radiator :) and it sounds great and is really loud :D
In the process . . . .
Image0234.jpg

Job done . . .
DSC01459.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2010
Lurgan, Northern Ireland
Looks good lad! :)

I'm liking the black IBIZA letters and the other wee bits you've done.
Plans sound good too, although straight through exhaust would = pooooowwwww, which in my opinion sounds crap lol. But its your car so fair play if you like that sort of thing!

mwillis551

No D-Turbo!
Jan 29, 2012
Startin into heavy duty work again, such as
DSC01527.jpg

So need to protect my seats for dirt, oil etc :blink: so went to halfords and got a Action Sport seat cover, i'm not a big fan of halfords stuff but these where the nicest ones i could find :)
DSC01625.jpg
[B)] :3rd:

Then i seen a wee thread on here about mk5 golf wiper so got one of them too :D
fitted it in less than a minute, still need the wee black cover bit it cover the nut, but i forgot to lift it :(

Before:
normalrearwiper.jpg

After:
DSC01623.jpg
:rolleyes:

Dunno if it looks any better :/ but it definitely wipes better, there is no screeching or scraping so i like that, will look a lot better when i have that wee black bit anyway :blink: :)

mwillis551

No D-Turbo!
Jan 29, 2012
DUE AN UPDATE!!
Got sill guards and decided to go for black sill guards which the girlfriend kindly bought for my birthday ;) :happy: from tuning-art.com. They are pretty cool i think and am happy with them :happy:
Before:
DSC01979.jpg

After:
DSC01980.jpg

mwillis551

No D-Turbo!
Jan 29, 2012
Then got some -35mm KW springs of DPM performance to sort the ridiculous arch gap out, done the back myself (was very very easy) :D
DSC02086.jpg

Then booked it into a mechanic to do the front so was driving around with reverse rake for a few days :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
This is it before:

DSC02088.jpg

DSC02106.jpg

After!
DSC02113.jpg

Really think it should be this height standard, and at that it would still need lowered 35mm
But anyway, she's down now . . . .

Last edited:

Deleted member 49882

Just checking out your ride. Car looks well. Really like the way it's lowered. Was talking to Gaz on Sunday night about how pathetic the horn is on these cars ... It's embarrassing lol. Not sure I would be handy enough to attempt some of the modifications you've completed. Good work.

mwillis551

No D-Turbo!
Jan 29, 2012
Just checking out your ride. Car looks well. Really like the way it's lowered. Was talking to Gaz on Sunday night about how pathetic the horn is on these cars ... It's embarrassing lol. Not sure I would be handy enough to attempt some of the modifications you've completed. Good work.

Horn is just a bit of fun for me :p lol

Sits well now with the springs in.
CH's would be class, get a set bought! :)

BBS's are WAY down the line :(

Now just need to see what next mod is :think: SPACERS or CUPRA HEADLIGHTS :blink:

jonnywright

well lad u mite just know me lol haha see u like every week but my mate sellings bbs ch off his bora so if ur looking them give me a wee txt or a call lad

Last edited by a moderator:

mwillis551

No D-Turbo!
Jan 29, 2012
Cupra headlights, then spacers. That's how I'd do it.

And also get those BBS's they look amazing!!!!!!

Think i'm gonna get spacers first cos the wheels look lost in the arches atm :(

well lad u mite just know me lol haha see u like every week but my mate sellings bbs ch off his bora so if ur looking them give me a wee txt or a call lad

How much is he looking for them lad?
You have your build thread up yet?

Last edited:

jonnywright

he lookin 400 for them but they only couple of months old with tyres and not yet getting there lol haha have to put pics on internet first which sucks lol but will b up soon and im goin urs and spences lego thing in green lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise