::: SEAT LEON by MDS ::: ( THE END...)

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
It was oficially sold today....

Ill still hang around here for a while....

:)

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Thats a real shame Marco. All that hard work :(

Glad your still sticking around, will need your advise now I hit 257BHP :)

Such is life.... Everything has its time...

Whatever you needto know... just ask away...

;)

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
This is a catastrophe! Hope the lucky new owner appreciates what he's got and that he paid over the odds for it!

On the bright side I believe they do sell SEATs in South America though...

No Diesel cars allowed here in Brazil. Only Jeeps.

No SEATS here in Brazil, but in other S.American countries, they are sold.

Im here on work contract for now, so cars will be a second option.

It will be missed, but time to carry on....

strugers1

been reading your thread and you have given me some real inspiration i tell ya!!!
one questin how hard is it to fit the handbrake cable to the s3 rear brakes??i am buying some and it looks a pain??

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
been reading your thread and you have given me some real inspiration i tell ya!!!
one questin how hard is it to fit the handbrake cable to the s3 rear brakes??i am buying some and it looks a pain??

100% Plug & Play.

Just need some spacers to bolt the back part onto the car.

6mm metal spacer is good enough.

;)

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
Hey MDS....sorry for digging up an old thread......if you are still around on here! I was just wondering how you attached the exhaust tip. I cant seem to find any info! I know it is welded on, but what did you weld it to? Also, where was the slanted tip from?

Andy

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hey MDS....sorry for digging up an old thread......if you are still around on here! I was just wondering how you attached the exhaust tip. I cant seem to find any info! I know it is welded on, but what did you weld it to? Also, where was the slanted tip from?

Andy
He probably welded it to a bracket of somekind as his exhaust was pointing downwards behind the tip.

Shame MDS is gone :(

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
Thats what I thought, but wasnt sure. I am thinking of doing the same as I have a 110 tdi with cupra facelift bumpers. Downwards pointing exhaust + hole in bumper for exhaust looks pooh!

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i'm sure you'll enjoy Brazil compadre ;)

was hoping to meet up when i drive over to Algarve this summer...obviously missed out on the opportunity to meet another member on the Continent

the Leon will be sadly missed

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006

Andy

Hey, I come by once in a while ... coz i miss this place and enjoy these cars still.

The tip was going to be welded in place just like the previous LCR one.

The slanted tip was custom made , basically just a hole so the fumes go downward...

The tail piece was actually a dummy with covers

There are some pix in this thread that show the dummy covers.

The exhaust tip pointed downward not to dirty the car so much with smoke, and also to be a little more discreet.

When hammered, it would paint a stripe of diesel on the floor :rolleyes:

Here is a quick side view, I hope this helps...

1gjihx.jpg

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
i'm sure you'll enjoy Brazil compadre ;)

was hoping to meet up when i drive over to Algarve this summer...obviously missed out on the opportunity to meet another member on the Continent

the Leon will be sadly missed

Real pity.... :(

I know the current owner sometimes comes down in the summer as the car is spotted, and I even get mistaken for him... you may just see it.

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Thats what I thought, but wasnt sure. I am thinking of doing the same as I have a 110 tdi with cupra facelift bumpers. Downwards pointing exhaust + hole in bumper for exhaust looks pooh!

I beleive Peugeots 206 diesel models have something similiar...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise