Goodyear Eagle GSD3 F1's......

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
£210 christ on a bike, quote I had before having the Dunlops fitted for Michelin PS2's was £135 fitted a corner!
Cheapest I foud was £105 tyre only @mytyres.co.uk

£210 is taking the piss

andycupra

status subject to change
yes they are getting cheaper, the 18" wheel is becoming popular and more of a standard size.

however the GSD3s have also reduced in price due to some outsourcing and the fact its now an older compound and may be superseeded soon.

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
I was young and impressionable. I am all for shopping around but in my defense I would rather pay slightly more to a place I know will take care of the wheel. Not use pneumatics and put protectors on the torgue wrenches when removing and replacing the rim.

£147 fitted wherever you are with free puncture repair for life is not too bad a deal.

Anyone who goes to places like Quick Fit deserves everything they get. The sad reality is it is hard to find people you can trust to work on your car.

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
The last place I went to charged me £210 each and damaged a wheel in the process.

We wern't saying £147 a corner was bad, we were saying £210 per corner was a rip off ;)

I agree and pay a little bit more than I could get them for from mytyres and get them fitted at a side street place, but King David use an automatic removal/fitting machine so no cro-bars needed :)

iannez

Jul 27, 2006
well i've just fitted a -pair of gsd3's to the front of my car and at first didnt like them as they felt like there was a lot of sidewall roll and oversteer. done 500miles on them now and they are no better. push it hard into a corner and i get no feeling through the steering and they slide around like a pair of king pin budget shitters. paid £98 each for them and fit them myself. it took 4 of us to get them on the wheels. absolute nightmare. how anyone can do a trackday on these baffles me. utter waste of best part of £200. oh and got my arse kicked of a ctr today because these rubber doughnuts will not go round a corner. could not fault the p-zeros in the dry so will be going back to them. at least they dug in when i turned the steering. dont care if they dont last long at least they will keep me on the road and back to ctr bashing.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I've had the falken 452 on the back of mine since Saturday morning now and so far i'm impressed. The back of the car has stopped rolling around, it doesn't seem to want to 'peel off' corners any more ... When the tyres were sat in the house, the difference in the strength of the sidewall compared to the Toyos is clearly noticeable, it's also stronger than the Goodyears - just seems to be less flex.

At £130 for two tyres, i can't see me complaining!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I've had Falkens on cars before and they have always been good tyres. Just not sure I'd chose them over the GSD3's or Toyos, but for the price, it does kinda make sense....

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
well i've just fitted a -pair of gsd3's to the front of my car and at first didnt like them as they felt like there was a lot of sidewall roll and oversteer. done 500miles on them now and they are no better. push it hard into a corner and i get no feeling through the steering and they slide around like a pair of king pin budget shitters. paid £98 each for them and fit them myself. it took 4 of us to get them on the wheels. absolute nightmare. how anyone can do a trackday on these baffles me. utter waste of best part of £200. oh and got my arse kicked of a ctr today because these rubber doughnuts will not go round a corner. could not fault the p-zeros in the dry so will be going back to them. at least they dug in when i turned the steering. dont care if they dont last long at least they will keep me on the road and back to ctr bashing.

Have yours got Made in china on them?

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff

You are the only person to say these are crap
Makes me wonder if
A) You're a lunatic driver and pushes the car harder than anyone else here
B) Yours are fakes
C) You put them on inside out ;)
D) I cant think of anything else

I'm getting some next month, I've previously had hankook ventus on the front which are amazing
Not sure whether to get the F1's now or stick with what i know :confused:

Oliveracc

Apr 5, 2006
Glasgow

I've got a full set of proper (German E-marked) Goodyear Eagle F1s on my LCR and they stick to the road like glue. Absolutely awesome in both the dry and wet. Far better than even the P-zeroes in the dry.

Please read: There has been a lot of Chinese Eagle F1s illegally imported to the UK over the past year. Despite being Goodyear tyres they are far inferior to the German kind in every way and are specifically designed for hotter climates. Several people have confirmed the Chinese Eagle F1 is beyond shite.... See this thread which is comfirmed by a Goodyear spokesperson:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=386634

If you have non e-marked Eagle F1s you have been sold them illegally and are entitled to a full refund - if they dont cough up you can sue.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
iannez - Those sound like all the symptoms of the fake GSD3's that have been imported. Better check them ASAP mate, as they can be potentially dangerous! Especially if, as it sounds from that post, you're a fast driver.