You might not believe it, but Cupra Ordered! - and is here!

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Probably a good thing Scott, as the niggles will be ironed out, look @ yours and Leo's LCR that did not have the water pump over run to cool the turbo on the LCR MK1, which was added after.They will want an A1 car the wait is frustrating all the same:(

Poor Z in the ickle run about............

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I don't know why the delay though. They're already available in Europe. The MPS is nealry out as is the civic R - surely Seat would want their car out to give the competition a run for its money.

Unless they are doing something different with the UK spec as a result of dealer / customer feedback.

Maybe we'll see a price drop too :p

Still that's bl00dy 5 months away. I was hoping to have it in 2. :cry:

Maybe I should have stuck with the Fr I had on order..... :rolleyes:

Scott

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Funny thing is, after taking most of the Cupra info off their UK site. SEAT have recently banged it all back up again. Including listing the price too.

Seems they are launching soon, but the customer deliveries look like they have hit the back burner.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Funny thing is, after taking most of the Cupra info off their UK site. SEAT have recently banged it all back up again. Including listing the price too.

Seems they are launching soon, but the customer deliveries look like they have hit the back burner.

Another example of how badly they seem to have handled this launch. :rolleyes:

Quote: "The new Leon Cupra, planned to launch at the end of 2006" :doh:

Scott

warren_cox

Back from the dead
If all the rumours of a 300 bhp remap are true M0rk i bet it plays a big part.....

MTM are saying 310bhp (400Nm) for a stage 1 map, and upto 326bhp with stage 3, so I guess that must also go for the Cupra too as the engine appears to be exactly the same.

Whether the rolling road figures will ever bear out on a UK Rolling Road remains to be seen, but I'm having mine mapped in the first week of March so I will let you know.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
Please :) (grab mine for me would ya)

Scott

Syphon,
I seen a post a while back adv the brembo's arent stock any more but an option is this true, if so how much to upgrage to the brembo's? reason i ask is i want upgrade my FR brakes as i think they are ok but could be and should be better.was going to get aftermarket but curious how much the brembo's are.The seat uk site shows the Cupra Front brakes 345 x 30 , alternately i could just buy the OEM cupra callipers &pads etc if the brem's arent stock.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Brembo's have been scraped as option or standard equipment. Heat dissapation issues during SEAT testing, apparently. Though its probably a cost/production issue more than anything.

Cupra calipers, discs and pads are certainly an option, but maybe expensive as dealer parts. Otherwise an aftermarket solution such as Tarox, AP or Alcon are worth consideration.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
cheers Zboyd, the car on the seat uk site has brembo's fitted to it in the pics, will have a look at the aftermarket prices, i get 12% off at my local dealer so will as k them how much the stuff would be from them.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yer SEAT havn't updated their pictures. The early cars presented at the motorshow and in Europe had Brembo's. But they have been removed from the spec. SEAT UK need to update their website really.

main.php

heinbloed100

Dec 9, 2006
northern Germany
MTM are saying 310bhp (400Nm) for a stage 1 map, and upto 326bhp with stage 3, so I guess that must also go for the Cupra too as the engine appears to be exactly the same.

Whether the rolling road figures will ever bear out on a UK Rolling Road remains to be seen, but I'm having mine mapped in the first week of March so I will let you know.

Sorry, the engines aren't the same... :cry:
They have different compression ratios.
S3: 9.8
Cupra: 10.3

This means: more power for the S3... :cry: