My Last Sunday Car

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Today I completed my last Sunday detail of the year. All Sundays from here are 'my time'. A week tomorrow will be my first day off for 9 weeks, so here what I got up to:

So here's the car waiting for me to get started:
ebe4061b.jpg

ebe4061d.jpg

Some close ups of areas which will need some attention:
ebe4061a.jpg

ebe4061c.jpg

So I got started - if you've read my reports you'll know my routine by now:
DP foam gun shampoo, APC alloys and arches. Two bucket wash. Rinsed it down, then using the karcher for lub spray, Pinnacle Poly Clay and gave it a good surface clean.

Once dried we taped using the 3m tape, set the kit up and took the PDG reading - a good set of reading all round the car giving confidence to be able to tackle the swirling.
ebe405e1.jpg

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Considering the bonnet had been re-sprayed, apart from a shoddy job, ity didn't give much away.

First up was the roatry, a Wolfgang Polishing pad and Pinnacle Swirl Remover.
Here 's the before's, haf andf halfs and afters:
ebe405de.jpg

ebe405ba.jpg

ebe405b9.jpg

before:
ebe40598.jpg

after:
ebe40579.jpg

First using a finishind pad on the Metabo and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish I worked our way round, putting a true shine back into the paintwork.

Next up was the PC, a finishing pad and Clearkote Red Moose Glaze and this was followed with DP Max Wax, applied by hand.
Whilst that cured I applied megs #20 sealant to the alloys. Cleaned the windows with Stoners, Poorboys Bold n Brite in arches, Megs Endurance to the treads.

I then wiped clear with a Poorboys Ultra Plush MF. A final wipe down with Pinnacle Crystal Mist, and a Pinnacle MF cloth.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Looks like I have competition at the Manchester meets then for the cleanest car!

Top job Iain, bonnet shot really looks amazing with the difference!

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
Would jus like to than Iain for this, as im sure you all agree the car looks amazing...and (shamefully) i turned up late, with a manky car!! (as u can see by the writing on the boot!)

Not seen the car in the light yet but stopped outside the Chinese on the way home to get some grub...and omg...the shine, even in the dark is amazing! Cant wait til morn, and it beta not rain!!!!

I changed the car @ short notice, was gonna be the kiwi GTi, but that sold yesterday. so Glad i got the mk4 done tho...was looking a bit 'old'

excellent job, HIGHLY recommended!!!

JK

gazjones

that looks lush such a good colour for reflections top job good loking car j.a. kelly really nice!

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Brilliant job as always.

And whats this about not doing Sundays? Blimey, talk about only doing half a job eh Iain?

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Would jus like to than Iain for this, as im sure you all agree the car looks amazing...and (shamefully) i turned up late, with a manky car!! (as u can see by the writing on the boot!)

Not seen the car in the light yet but stopped outside the Chinese on the way home to get some grub...and omg...the shine, even in the dark is amazing! Cant wait til morn, and it beta not rain!!!!

I changed the car @ short notice, was gonna be the kiwi GTi, but that sold yesterday. so Glad i got the mk4 done tho...was looking a bit 'old'

excellent job, HIGHLY recommended!!!

JK
Thanks JK, its the owners testimonials which show the true value of my detailing.

Thanks to everyone for your comments

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
that bit of sun today, car looks so amazing, jus shows that even pretty far gone paint can look so good in the hands of a professional!

Cant stress how good it is, and no amount of pictures or words can show the transformation. You may have Laura's Yari Tsport to do...paint on that is pretty immaculate, but more of a protection measure :)

JK

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
that bit of sun today, car looks so amazing, jus shows that even pretty far gone paint can look so good in the hands of a professional!

Cant stress how good it is, and no amount of pictures or words can show the transformation. You may have Laura's Yari Tsport to do...paint on that is pretty immaculate, but more of a protection measure :)

JK
excellent, glad you have had time to view your car properly. It really was a mess, and the blue came back so well. Look forward to seeing you again mate ;)
Iain