Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Apr 28, 2024
Tried without the text changed in the file also, so at a bit of a loss now. Especially as the firmware update has worked fine. I copied the files inside the main folder, one called 'market' and the text file rather than the full root file, might that be why? The system does say it contains the navigation database when I put it in then just gets stuck on 'Checking navigation database'.

Answers on a postcard haha

Tell

Staff member
Attached is the pdf of how to do it for a mib1 standard as far as file position. Should be the full route not burried one down against a zipped directory name. Standard mistake.

Full pdf attached. Snap of what it should like the positioning. That inside image. Market is one down from the top. The top aka route has that text file in it.

Obviously the snap below is my screen. See the pdf for a read.

Also you need for force a reboot of the unit everytime you change the SD card else within that 20 minute power up slot it won't re-read the card afresh. The long hold on on/off. Clipping to read only has been said to be good as well.

Screenshot_20240502_203031_Firefox.jpg

Attachments

• Discover_Media_Gen.1_November_2020.pdf
    344.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Discover_Media_Gen.1_November_2020.pdf
    344.6 KB · Views: 19
Apr 28, 2024
Attached is the pdf of how to do it for a mib1 standard as far as file position. Should be the full route not burried one down against a zipped directory name. Standard mistake.

Full pdf attached. Snap of what it should like the positioning. That inside image. Market is one down from the top. The top aka route has that text file in it.

Obviously the snap below is my screen. See the pdf for a read.

Also you need for force a reboot of the unit everytime you change the SD card else within that 20 minute power up slot it won't re-read the card afresh. The long hold on on/off. Clipping to read only has been said to be good as well.

View attachment 42263
OK, I've tried rebooting also. I have attached two screen shots. The one with more part numbers is the old SD card (bought off ebay, so not for my car maybe?) the other one is the new maps I downloaded.

What should I be changing, if anything? My old card doesn't even have a part number one like the new one?

Other screenshot is the system info which has a part number, am I missing something here. Tried a couple of different things.

Attachments

• 20240502_224258.jpg
    20240502_224258.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 30
  • 20240502_224847.jpg
    20240502_224847.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240502_225324.jpg
    20240502_225324.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 27

Tell

Staff member
OK, I've tried rebooting also. I have attached two screen shots. The one with more part numbers is the old SD card (bought off ebay, so not for my car maybe?) the other one is the new maps I downloaded.

What should I be changing, if anything? My old card doesn't even have a part number one like the new one?

Other screenshot is the system info which has a part number, am I missing something here. Tried a couple of different things.
The mib2 cards are interchangeable as far as the CID is concerned so one does not expect an issue on that one. Previously before this 2023 map came out the recovery for mib1 where the card was lost was to buy a mib2 card and put the old map file on it. I'm wondering whether you could try an old mib1 map file on it if posters can give you one. It would be good to see whether it showed you can old map.

Note what @Guyelle said

Where the old working file comes in. You need that. Mib2 you can use files before the paired release in the unit. It may be the same so you might not need to drop your hands on the exact paired release or one before or work through all previous partnumbers till you hit on the right one.

Thus an appeal to all mib1 standard people with working maps !. I'd get your hands on an old map. It's the dbinfo.txt file you need from one that works then do the edit on the new maps as outlined.

You never know old posts on this thread may help like this one:

I'd go down that route of hunting down the old partnumbers published and do @Guyelle edit as suggested. Anchoring before the actual one may do the trick. Also if people with working old mib1 files could share theirs.

Apr 28, 2024
The mib2 cards are interchangeable as far as the CID is concerned so one does not expect an issue on that one. Previously before this 2023 map came out the recovery for mib1 where the card was lost was to buy a mib2 card and put the old map file on it. I'm wondering whether you could try an old mib1 map file on it if posters can give you one. It would be good to see whether it showed you can old map.

Note what @Guyelle said

Where the old working file comes in. You need that. Mib2 you can use files before the paired release in the unit. It may be the same so you might not need to drop your hands on the exact paired release or one before or work through all previous partnumbers till you hit on the right one.

Thus an appeal to all mib1 standard people with working maps !. I'd get your hands on an old map. It's the dbinfo.txt file you need from one that works then do the edit on the new maps as outlined.

You never know old posts on this thread may help like this one:

I'd go down that route of hunting down the old partnumbers published and do @Guyelle edit as suggested. Anchoring before the actual one may do the trick. Also if people with working old mib1 files could share theirs.
OK, that sounds good. Is there any means of knowing the part number or a list of ones I can try? Or just trial and error using the thread?

Secondly, Should I be copying all of them over? For example the card I had bought had Part numbers up to 4 but the new maps only had two entries.

Will also try what Guyelle suggested also.

I saw someone shared a V4 map set before so fingers crossed some people come up trumps for me and then I can try that.

It's frustrating as I feel so close but also so far away! haha

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024
This is the card I have if this is at all useful to anyone who might be able to supply maps etc

Attachments

• 20240503_133857.jpg
    20240503_133857.jpg
    843.6 KB · Views: 26

Tell

Staff member
This is the card I have if this is at all useful to anyone who might be able to supply maps etc
Yes they could put the mib1 map on it and test if they have mib1 with the update or give you an old copy of mib1 maps if they have that. A test on another mib1 would test the CID but that should be fine for mib1. Over to the helping hands.

Reactions: Gardz86
Feb 13, 2024
Yeah I updated my firmware and maps without doing any coding with a cable.

To save purchasing any SD cards I backed up the old map data, deleted all files from the V4 SD (not format), used that SD for the firmware update, then copied the old maps back (before I found the newer maps). I don't recommend that though as it'll cause more wear.

When copying the newer maps I extracted them to my PC first, modified the DBInfo slightly then deleted some Turkey & Ukraine stuff so it would fit and not fail randomly whilst copying.

Later I got a cheap cable and with coding I was able to clear the hidden error that shows when using diagnostics and then also got the TMC traffic info working again.

This is the SD that came with our 2014 car, I've shared it here unzipped which might save time (there might be a download as zip option somewhere). The Mega desktop app etc has been fine to use for me.

(I may have to delete this in future to save cloud space, so back it up and also sign up to save it directly to a free MEGA account).

FRONT:
SEAT
Navigation AT
Europe (V4)

5F0.919.866.F

203618 [On left side]

BACK:
CE
AF8GSDP TASD0-14010010
291323M85S E1404BA
MADE IN TAIWAN

WINDOWS INFO:
-----
5.91 GB Used
1.57 GB Free
Capacity 7.48 GB
FAT32

DbInfo.txt:
PartNumber1="8V0919866B "
PartNumber2="5G0919866F "
PartNumber3="5E0051236C "
PartNumber4="5F0919866F "
PartNumber="8V0919866B "
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0036"
SystemName=" ECE 2014 "

Attachments

• DbInfo for V4.txt
    203 bytes · Views: 18
  • DBInfo from 106 unmodded.txt
    122 bytes · Views: 13
  • DBInfo modified for P106 swap.txt
    122 bytes · Views: 15
Reactions: Gardz86 and Tell

Tell

Staff member
Great.

The clear code generators have come on to this one now which is widely used:

Old days you had to fiddle with look ups. That's used on mib2 but reckon it will do the trick with mib1 and a coding device.

Think the unit works with the error but deleting it just makes it feel perfect. Software version management toggle that gets set if you change the firmware but dealers ignore that in the anarchy of the MQB Evo platform which generates many errors. Mib2 certainly runs fine with an SVM flag.

So we are expecting positive reports 😀.

Apr 28, 2024
Yeah I updated my firmware and maps without doing any coding with a cable.

To save purchasing any SD cards I backed up the old map data, deleted all files from the V4 SD (not format), used that SD for the firmware update, then copied the old maps back (before I found the newer maps). I don't recommend that though as it'll cause more wear.

When copying the newer maps I extracted them to my PC first, modified the DBInfo slightly then deleted some Turkey & Ukraine stuff so it would fit and not fail randomly whilst copying.

Later I got a cheap cable and with coding I was able to clear the hidden error that shows when using diagnostics and then also got the TMC traffic info working again.

This is the SD that came with our 2014 car, I've shared it here unzipped which might save time (there might be a download as zip option somewhere). The Mega desktop app etc has been fine to use for me.

(I may have to delete this in future to save cloud space, so back it up and also sign up to save it directly to a free MEGA account).

FRONT:
SEAT
Navigation AT
Europe (V4)

5F0.919.866.F

203618 [On left side]

BACK:
CE
AF8GSDP TASD0-14010010
291323M85S E1404BA
MADE IN TAIWAN

WINDOWS INFO:
-----
5.91 GB Used
1.57 GB Free
Capacity 7.48 GB
FAT32

DbInfo.txt:
PartNumber1="8V0919866B "
PartNumber2="5G0919866F "
PartNumber3="5E0051236C "
PartNumber4="5F0919866F "
PartNumber="8V0919866B "
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0036"
SystemName=" ECE 2014 "
This is great. I'll give it a go, thank you.

May need a slightly more Lehman's terms explanation though.

I've downloaded it and unzipped onto the SD card. Should I try this in the car and see if maps load, then try update the maps and use the modded DBinfo with them and try in the car again?

I have a 32gb SD so don't think I need to delete anything.

In terms of clearing the error, is this a specific infotainment system thing, not a thing a mechanic can clear with a cable plugged in to the car?

I've learnt so much (seeing as I knew nothing a couple of days ago) but still don't understand a lot of the technical stuff. I do obsess over these things and try learn as much as quick as possible though, Doing my girlfriends head in haha!

Tell

Staff member
This is great. I'll give it a go, thank you.

May need a slightly more Lehman's terms explanation though.

I've downloaded it and unzipped onto the SD card. Should I try this in the car and see if maps load, then try update the maps and use the modded DBinfo with them and try in the car again?

I have a 32gb SD so don't think I need to delete anything.

In terms of clearing the error, is this a specific infotainment system thing, not a thing a mechanic can clear with a cable plugged in to the car?

I've learnt so much (seeing as I knew nothing a couple of days ago) but still don't understand a lot of the technical stuff. I do obsess over these things and try learn as much as quick as possible though, Doing my girlfriends head in haha!
It should happily work with the errors. It's a perfectionist thing to get rid of them after.

You could try the mega file first since that's a test of whether your car works with that map release. If it does then 2023 update should. You go back to your 2023 release and put in @Daz3d last file in place of the dbinfo.txt. The edit being done for you. You just slot it in but ofcourse that's dependent on whether that first unmodified file works in your car. Why I said do that first to test it.

Tell

Staff member
That's good. I do worry about my advice at times 😍. Two maths degrees and I look for symmetry 🙃. I suspect the 480 firmware is modded or dates to when Seat made it free or just maybe that part number switch was always the secret back to the birth of mib1. I did worry whether you'd infotainment unit had ever been enabled for maps. Mib2 standard went out primed, they just needed the card put in then anchored on that as the first card. Yours might have done the same if it had never had a map card in it or may be it had and that release was it or it used the same feature as mib2 standard and putting in old maps before your current release worked. Then the mod worked.

A big thank you to @Daz3d for posting up the original find:

Basically, you need the 480 firmware, a working Mib1 map card (or Mib2 standard card for the CID) and the mods above if the card is lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walone