Temperamental Android Auto

cooperdj

Oct 11, 2012
Leicester
Hi all - back on here after a Leon-free period of time but now have a new(er) 67 plate FR.

It's a sensible option and maybe not the most exciting but does the job except for the Android Auto which is driving me crazy.

Basically it disconnects sporadically - sometimes it seems to be related to going over a bump but sometimes you go over a bump and nothing happens. Sometimes I'll get a notification from my ring doorbell and that will make it disconnect. Mostly it'll reconnect after a few seconds and go back to maps but sometimes it doesn't work at all and says it's not compatible with my phone (Samsung S21).

List of things I've tried so far are:
  • Short cheap USB C cable (x2 types)
  • Long expensive USB C cable
  • Different phone (Pixel 6)
  • Taking back to the garage it came from (they tested it and it was fine with their cable and phone as is always the way with temperamental electrical things)
Any suggestions? it's literally the only thing I'm having an issue with.

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Have you updated your head unit to the latest firmware? That did wonders for android auto and CarPlay in my car (had issues with both initially, absolutely perfect now)

cooperdj

Oct 11, 2012
Leicester
Have you updated your head unit to the latest firmware? That did wonders for android auto and CarPlay in my car (had issues with both initially, absolutely perfect now)
I don't think so? Will have a look into it..., do you download the firmware from Seat?

cooperdj

Oct 11, 2012
Leicester

Mr Mustard

Jan 24, 2015
South East
I had a similar problem with my phone disconnecting if it got jogged, bumpy road etc.

Turned out to be my phone's flexible case that was a little tight around the USB socket, preventing the cable from pushing in fully and breaking contact if disturbed slightly. Just trimmed the case with a Stanley blade and not had the problem since.

Reactions: Tell
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.