Paint code

Mar 27, 2024
Hi guys need to pick your brains. Thanks in advance. Recently purchased a seat leon se copa 2012 mrk2 I believe. I have looked all over for the paint code as it has stone chips on. Even in boot under carpet where I believe it should be. Does anyone have the same model with paint code. Car is on my profile pic. Thanks again

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I see your car is a 2012 mk2 Leon.

Looking at the 2012 brochure, it seems the only red paint colour Seat used on the 2012 Leon was Emocion Red - see page 39 of 2012 model year brochure at the link below;

A quick internet search gives a range of different paint codes for Emocion Red; 9M9M, LS3H, S3H, SES3H.

It could be that some of the other VAG brands used the same colour red on their cars back in 2012, and each brand might have had its own unique paint code - hence the range of different paint codes. Alternatively, there could have been subtle shade changes to Emocion Red over the years that the colour was used.

To ensure you get the correct paint code for your car, you could pop into your local Seat dealer‘s parts department and give them your registration number or VIN code; they should be able to get the correct paint code for your car off their system. Alternatively, forum sponsor @COX Motor Parts who sell touch up paint and they can also check the paint code for your car from your reg no or VIN code - think you can also apply for a forum member discount;

@COX Motor Parts are showing the paint code as S3H on their website;

Reactions: mty12345 and TommyH
Mar 27, 2024
I see your car is a 2012 mk2 Leon.

Looking at the 2012 brochure, it seems the only red paint colour Seat used on the 2012 Leon was Emocion Red - see page 39 of 2012 model year brochure at the link below;

A quick internet search gives a range of different paint codes for Emocion Red; 9M9M, LS3H, S3H, SES3H.

It could be that some of the other VAG brands used the same colour red on their cars back in 2012, and each brand might have had its own unique paint code - hence the range of different paint codes. Alternatively, there could have been subtle shade changes to Emocion Red over the years that the colour was used.

To ensure you get the correct paint code for your car, you could pop into your local Seat dealer‘s parts department and give them your registration number or VIN code; they should be able to get the correct paint code for your car off their system. Alternatively, forum sponsor @COX Motor Parts who sell touch up paint and they can also check the paint code for your car from your reg no or VIN code - think you can also apply for a forum member discount;

@COX Motor Parts are showing the paint code as S3H on their website;

Thank you for the reply. You have been a great help. Great detailed information. Thanks again

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.