Decent phone holder recommendations

Clairebear76

Jun 9, 2018
Hi all. I'm looking for a decent phone holder that fits securely into the round vents on the Mk5, or at least fits well somewhere else in the car. I've currently got a cheap CD player mounted holder but it rattles quite a bit on the pot hole covered roads here in Stoke, plus it doesn't look great and is quite bulky. :)(y)

Dale_UK

May 4, 2018
I've always used Brodit Proclip and found them to be great. I've got the centre air vent one and the just fitted an amazon gravity mount on to the base unit.

Reactions: maya77

maya77

Oct 18, 2021
Hi Dale, what kind of phone holders can be used with the Proclip mount? Can you make some pictures of yours please? Thanks.

I would like to buy left one but not sure what else I need.

Dale_UK

May 4, 2018
I screwed this to the mount and it works fine.
IMG_20220305_190439.jpg

maya77

Oct 18, 2021
Thanks m8.

So you need to drill some holes on the holder to fit ones on the mount?

Dale_UK

May 4, 2018
Yeah, There's a screw that was holding the vent clip. I took that out and unclipped the mount and put a small nut and bolt through onto the brodit mount. If you get stuck I'll try send you some pictures if you need.

Feb 11, 2024
Found this site selling phone mounts that goes in the gps dock on the ibizas dashboard:

I bought one as its way cheaper than getting that weird official VW one with the long arm, and cheaper than going all out and buying a whole navigon or garmin setup for it,

It uses the same magnets as iphone magsafe, which I don't have. But they put a low-profile magnetic sticker in the package which I stuck on my phone's case and it works perfectly. I can even still use wireless charging on my S20.

Looks like they have similar mounts for other cars too. This might suit your needs too :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.