Stolen 2010 Cupra R

QuinnDexter

Well, after 3 years of careful and secure management of my second Cupra R (my previous one being the MK1). I attended a 21st Birthday party on the 10th September in Chester, parked up on their drive which isn't viewed from the road and enjoyed a good night.

In the morning, my pride and joy was gone off the drive. The scrotes had somehow got into the house and just taken the key fob (left everything else). The ANPR cameras were triggered just outside Wrexham, driving up the A5152 West and East then West again at 4am. Since then there have been no other camera triggers.

Pain in the rear end to be honest. So if you guys are around the North wales area and see a candy white Cupra R MK2 (dual tail pipe UK version), chances are its stolen. Not many on the roads so very distinctive.
Has British Cycling stickers on the back window (unless the fecks have peeled them off).

Might be parked up or might now have false plates on.

:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Siboneh

Apr 3, 2012
UK
I am very sorry to hear about this. What utter scumbags.

I had my car stolen from my drive too in 2011.

More chances now that's been stripped down for parts, have a look on Ebay, Gumtree to see if they have put the parts on there.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh keep checking Ebay,Pistonhead's, Gumtree etc

I know Chester and Wrexham well, that will be in Wrexham somewhere now stripped

QuinnDexter

The Original Reg is

DK60 ZKG.

The ANPR camera clocked it heading west down the A5152 at 03:26. Then at 03:55 it headed East past the same camera. And then 04:10 headed west again. After that no more ANPR sightings.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
bit odd that it whizzed past the same place more than once, hope they get caught.

How did they manage to get these keys then from a house that I would have thought would have been buzzing with activity being a party (albeit early hours) Did they break in or has some weary party go'er left the door open/unlocked?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Gutted for you mate, hope they catch the scumbags. Long shot but I'll keep a look out on my travels around Runcorn and surrounding area

QuinnDexter

No forced entry, so I'm putting it down to the owner not locking the back door. Otherwise it looks like someone from the party (unlikely).

They stole it at around 3am because the travel time to the camera is about 28 mins. Strange how they went up the road twice, almost as if they were either showing the car off, or dropping people off that their houses maybe.

Thanks for the replies. The police are again unable to really do anything unless this is sighted and I'm gutted now I didn't fit a bloody tracker, unlike the one I had on the Mk 1.

I'm going to look around that area anyway as I used to live around there.

NickCupraR

NickIbiza
Mar 2, 2009
Chichester Portsmouth Area
sorry to hear this mate. Any party gatecrashers who wernt invited?? If you think about its quite easy to walk into a house party pretend you know people spot some keys and off you go!

weird they went west then east then west again. I hope you get it back, but then again do you want it back knowing some scum have been in your pride and joy!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
thats why you should keep keys in a secure place i know I would

There are pro's and cons to that though, they break in can't find the keys so they come looking for you and potentially beat the living daylights of you until you give them the keys, if someone has had the cheek to break into your house for your keys they are unlikely to want to leave without them.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Bad times mate, are you sure no one at the party has taken them?
Might have been a friend of a friend.

Have you got any pictures of it, so it can be put up on the social network sites?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.