Turboboy's facelift mk5 cupra

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Well I've been on the forum many years and I've never done a readers ride thread for a specific car but decided to do one for my brand spankers facelift mk5.

So here it is, my first brand new car and I'm over the moon with it, such a good car and effortless to drive and can be involving when you want it to be. It feels good to be back in a petrol and the engine is a cracker I just hope it stays that way (touches wood,digs out 4 leaf cover and rabbits foot)

Pics of the day I picked it up with 9 miles on the clock and then some slightly better picture.spoiler and side skirts are to be fitted soon as we'll, just waiting for a call from the dealer.

a89857d1e4f69294beae8109653ba6e7.jpg

30b093a1127cb353ffe1e0401095d4fa.jpg

8c882d3fb4050ad429b67a7b5bc70eda.jpg

b3c6d985c7e07ef8549ffc73c0ce8621.jpg

It wasn't long before I started fiddling with the car but I'm going to try and keep things to simple thing that make big differences to the car, more oem+ than completely messed about with.

So far I've done

*led interior light (miles better than the yellow)
*team Hekos (I wasn't sure on these but now I love them)
*20mm rear spacers
*whiteline 24mm rear arb ( a must do upgrade to any car without a rear arb standard)

I have H&R springs to fit to sort the ride height looking into 11mm spacers for the front and I think that will be about it, just keep it clean, enjoy and show it. I have a set of 312s but unsure if I'm going to fit them, I don't want to mess about with the car too much.

c06e01e26f1a5bbb3daf3a1d34c8e3e1.jpg

194cc1ee36597d424c6b0f2f2ec634e2.jpg

Comments good and bad (constructive) are welcome.

Last edited:

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
At least someone is interested lol, I was thinking whoops ill get my coat.

Thanks mate, I was really nervous about getting it due to past issues but I just really wanted one.

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
At least someone is interested lol, I was thinking whoops ill get my coat.

Thanks mate, I was really nervous about getting it due to past issues but I just really wanted one.

Really like the facelift cupra just not overly keen on the wheels. Looks good in red though! Should post more pics when the springs etc are fitted.

I know what you mean my thread was the same. Dont know whats happend with the MK5 ibiza threads lately not many folk appear to be posting on them.:shrug:

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
I wasn't that keen on the wheels either but they really have grown on me, I prefer the per facelift ones.

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Ment to ask was it a 20mm spacer kit you fitted on the back axle or was it 20mm on each side. Im looking to change mine from 12mm to 15mm ones but think it might rub on the arch.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Nice car. I am hoping the issues of the twin charger have been sorted so please keep us posted mate. Might yet be tempted back to one in a few years.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
20mm each side, looks too much at the moment at this ride height but I'm sure it will be ok when I'm lowered. Jc I really hope so as well, all is good so far though (it does any have 120 miles on the clock though)

elliottcharles

Aug 5, 2012
Hemel Hempstead
Looks like you've got a cracking car on your hands there mate :). Love what you've got planned, though I can't believe you've started on a brand new car so soon haha!

What do you think of the interior?

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Hello mate, I know I'm bad arnt I, the things I've done arnt too intrusive though.

Inside I prefer the facelift dials and steering wheel but I prefer the pre facelift seats, inside is nice and the sat nav display has extra gauges on it.

The facelift comes with quite abit more as standard, it's well speced up.

elliottcharles

Aug 5, 2012
Hemel Hempstead
That's one way of putting it! Not sure I'd have the guts haha! No, it's true what you've done and have planned is going to only improve it :) (especially the lowering)

Interesting, the interior was a let down when I first saw it, but it's grown on me with time, plus the extra goodies as standard are a distraction lol ;)

Best colour too btw ;)

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Thanks for the kind comments. Fitted led number plates tonight and they look as good as expected.

The rear spacers need to come off until its lowered as it looks ridiculous, the girlfriend keeps taking the wee out of me saying it looks like a beach buggy/dune buggy but tbh she's right, I don't understand why these are soo high her a1 sline is lower :-(

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Dropped the cupra off yesterday to have the body kit fitted, its going to look awesome when its back.

Till then I have this little beut..

42af103cec5406056cbe254778d8196c.jpg

I whole 1.2 3cyl and about 50bhp, I regret buying the cupra, I should of just got one of these

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
It's sad but there will be some people in your street or at work in the carpark that won't be able to spot the difference.

It's a red Seat on a 13 reg.

You planning on keeping those black mirror caps? I have some nice brand new grey primed ones I could swap with you and you could get them colour coded :p

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.