7 speed dsg judder

rossco775

Mar 16, 2012
Alright guys
For the past few months my Cupra gearbox every so often judders going from 2nd to 3rd gear and sometimes in other gears. Has anyone else had this problem??
It doesn't do it all the time, some days it wont do it at all, then other days it will do it a couple of times.
Trying to find out if this is normal which i doubt.
Another problem is trying to replicate what happens when i take it to the garage.

Anyone else's car do this??
Cheers

tomd1338

Nov 2, 2009
yes. Mine has done it... maybe 3 times. It seems to happen if you're flooring it from coldish (driving for around 2-3 minutes) always from 2nd to 3rd.

rossco775

Mar 16, 2012
yes. Mine has done it... maybe 3 times. It seems to happen if you're flooring it from coldish (driving for around 2-3 minutes) always from 2nd to 3rd.

Mine its usually when its cold but not always. Mine judders when I'm accelerating normally not when I floor it.

m.elhassan

i have the same problem, mine is only one week old!!
also i the engine noise up when i run the AC, is this normal? i use 92 Octane, shall i upgrade to the much more expensive 95?! :(

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
i have the same problem, mine is only one week old!!
also i the engine noise up when i run the AC, is this normal? i use 92 Octane, shall i upgrade to the much more expensive 95?! :(

Where do you live? Also the ac may make it louder because of the extra load. Or it could be the ac compressor adding the noise in??

Last edited:

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
92!

For a Cupra seat recommend 98 at least. You may be getting judder due to the engine burning weaker petrol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

m.elhassan

92!!!??? after being at the pub, I piss more than 92 octane fuel!!!

LOL :D,

Guys, i actually live in Egypt, there's no such 98 Octane fuel, the further i can get is 95, btw; mine is 1.6 DSG 5dr, it's not TSI

it also judders while shifting from D2 to D3 at low speeds, this is hardly noticeable at high speeds!! :shrug:

Jbcupra6j

My Cupra DSG juders violently when setting off. It is happens more often when I auto when the car changes from 1st to 2nd gear. I have taken it back to SEAT and everything is upto date. I've always used VPower. Has anybody had this problem? How can I fix it?

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
My car does this when cold also if I catch it out pulling away. So slowly accelerate then boot it while its preparing 2nd. In Manual it behaves its self.

I've learnt with the dsg to use the throttle slightly different how you would use a conventional manual.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2011
When you say judder what do you guys mean? a physical "judder" from the car or a judder in teh sense that the revs arent matched as quickly as normal?

Also, You bad bad people flooring it from cold lol. This TSI engine wont take much abuse like that without issues(any engine really but this one is very tempermental)

Jay

Jbcupra6j

The car physically juders. The sound and vibrations feel like its coming from the back of the car under acceleration.