Starting problem

jonse

Hello all I have recently brought a seat leon cupra it has done a few miles but has good service history and drove beautifully until a few days ago when the epc light came on and it really struggled to start it and when it did it was ticking over at about 1400 rpm .It does not do it all the time but one out of 4 times I start it up , I have had a search through previous threads but can't really find any thing the same as mine can any one help thanks
Jonse

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
I beleive epc is electronic pedal control, just wondering if you had a problem with that as mine played up a while back but that was because me brake pedal switch had failed... it can some times link.. there could be a problem with the throttle pos sensor

jonse

I thought I might be this but thought it would do it all the time if the sensor was gone but some times it struggles to start and others it starts strate away .And thanks for ur replys by the way

jonse

When It first started doing it I took it to my frends garage but when I got there and started it to go inside it was fine and had no faults And the engine management light does not come on just the epc light He could not understand why it does it sometimes and not others .but he not got vag.com just a bosh thing

S.B.73

I had much the same problem recently - engine would also just cut out whilst driving along - EPC would come on and struggle to start - until one day car wouldn't start atall - turned out to be a cheap and simple fix - crankshaft sensor £25 and 15mins to swap over - hope this is of some help

jonse

Thanks that sound about ths same problems I having do I have to get this from dealer