GORDZ's Platinum Grey Mk1 Leon TDI 110 - Finally an Update 6/3/11

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Thank you for taking the time to look at my reader's ride thread!
I'm Gordon, and this thread is all about my...

Seat Leon 1.9 TDI 110 SX in Platinum Grey on a 54 plate

Picked my new car up on 1st July 2009 and am chuffed to bits with it :) it's a fantastic car, amazing fuel economy, yet pretty good performance at the same time! A vast improvement from my 1.4 mk3 Ibiza anyway!

Mods completed so far (click on mod to see photos):

What I plan to do:

Soon:
  • Cruise Control
In the Future:
  • Smooth airbox & add large cold air feed
  • Remap
  • 17" cupra/fr alloys
  • Armrest
I'll probably end up doing more, but that's what I hope to do when ever I get money!!!

Any comments & suggestions are more than welcome!

a7.jpg

a4.jpg

snow1.jpg

SCNN1.jpg

108_0012.jpg

scn1.jpg

a8.jpg

Last edited:

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Just ordered myself a C2 aerial from a citroen dealership on ebay this morning for £5 incl. p&p! lol. No time like the present!

Was having a look at induction kits, but 1.) they're expensive, and 2.) apparently on the TDi models they don't do much (well the cheap ones e.g. K&N 57i).

So yeah, I think green cotton panel filter will be on my list too now, had one on my Ibiza and preferred it to the induction kit I had on!

Cheers for reply!

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Congrats on the Leon, your just 10 short of twice the HP of the Ibiza!

I really need to start saving and get rid of the bloody 1.4. Everyones deserting me!

Starting a new job on Wednesday so hopefully the pennies will come rolling in...

sortu

Got To Love Diamond Audio
Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
bloody hell use to read through your thread because you had a 5 door ibiza like me, but guess you've moved up in the world now lol, congratulations on the new car mate

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Don't get a K&N they fook your MAF. I got the 110 SE, whats the difference between the SE and the SX??? Anyone know??

Ah ok, cheers for that! The SX didn't have air con as standard, but SE did, and mine had aircon added as an extra anyway, so it pretty much is an SE! Think the trim around centre console is only silver in my SX, not in the SE though, and I think standard alloys were different too. But apart from that, exactly the same!

Congrats on the Leon, your just 10 short of twice the HP of the Ibiza!

I really need to start saving and get rid of the bloody 1.4. Everyones deserting me!

Starting a new job on Wednesday so hopefully the pennies will come rolling in...

Cheers, well hopefully I'll be getting a remap sometime in the future when I've got some money, so I'll be going well over double the mighty 1.4s power! lol.

How long you had your car now? I had mine for 2years, but was costing me so much in fuel, as I do quite a bit of motorway driving and get around 25mpg sitting at 80 on motorway! lol. So needed a nice dirty derv!

Your time will come though! Taken me a year to save up and get myself sorted with this Leon! Hence not really any major mods to my little Ibiza over past 6 months or so! lol.

bloody hell use to read through your thread because you had a 5 door ibiza like me, but guess you've moved up in the world now lol, congratulations on the new car mate

Cheers! Didn't realise there was a fellow 5 door ibiza out there! I'll still be around on the site obviously, so if you want any extra info anything I did to mine then i'm always happy to help out!

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
How long you had your car now? I had mine for 2years, but was costing me so much in fuel, as I do quite a bit of motorway driving and get around 25mpg sitting at 80 on motorway! lol. So needed a nice dirty derv!

Your time will come though! Taken me a year to save up and get myself sorted with this Leon! Hence not really any major mods to my little Ibiza over past 6 months or so! lol.

I've had mine 2 and a half years, will be 3 yeans in Janurary.

Thats the exact reason why I want rid of mine, new Job is in Dublin (1 year placement) and while I will be living down there I'll probably take a trip back up home 2 a month or so, to see family and friends, on the few trips I've done to Dublin I've averaged 35mpg, so I really want to change to diesel too, and not just for the MPG, but the torque as well.

Sitting at 80 on the motoway my car was doing 4000rpm and you could nearly watch the petrol gague move. :(

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
I've had mine 2 and a half years, will be 3 yeans in Janurary.

Thats the exact reason why I want rid of mine, new Job is in Dublin (1 year placement) and while I will be living down there I'll probably take a trip back up home 2 a month or so, to see family and friends, on the few trips I've done to Dublin I've averaged 35mpg, so I really want to change to diesel too, and not just for the MPG, but the torque as well.

Sitting at 80 on the motoway my car was doing 4000rpm and you could nearly watch the petrol gague move. :(

Ah, so you've had yours a fair while too then! lol.

Yeah I swear I've seen the gauge slowly moving down as if I've got a hole in my fuel tank!

Not driven many diesel cars before, in fact I've only driven one diesel car before and that was a little 1.4 diesel ford fiesta zetec my driving instructor had!

Driven diesel vans before, but can't compare them to cars really! But when spent years driving petrol cars, I never thought a diesel would put a smile on my face, but it did, so much fun to drive with all that torque!

On the test drive, the dealer guy actually owns a leon cupra tdi and so knew what they were like and was encouraging me to overtake and how to drive it fast! and god it's fast compared to the 1.4! bit slow off the line, but the low down grunt is phenomenal! lots and lots of fun! I'm happy anyway! lol.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Had the car 6 days and so far I've fitted:
  • C2 aerial
  • Super Bright LED sidelights (thanks to LEE69 for link!)
  • Htec Super White Xenon H3 Bulbs

Currently in the process of fitting a Pioneer DEH-P4899MP head unit and Pioneer CDX-P670 changer (bought from SCN thanks to paulrushton)

Although having bit of trouble getting cd changer working as I've never fitted a changer before! Any advice on how to do this and what I may be doing wrong???

Ordered & waiting delivery for:
  • Fabia Rear Wiper
  • H1 Osram Nightbreaker Bulbs
  • Genuine Seat Aero Roof Rack

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Are they compatable with one another???

In what way is it not working?

Yeah completely compatible, checked that.

Well, the changer is in the boot, the earth cable is taped onto metal of car (where spare wheel is), then the long lead goes from the changer to the headunit and plugged into the back, but then there is a red wire which I'm not sure which one it plugs into? I've tried it in a few different coloured wires in the headunit, but still no power seems to be getting to the changer! :confused: So am a bit stuck with that :think: any ideas?

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Just took headunit out to connect an AUX cable to the back of it, didn't touch any other connections or wires or anything, and all of a sudden the cd changer is working! Maybe the connection for it wasn't in properly? But anyway, I now have power to my changer and all is well in my new Leon world :)

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Big Photo Update

Finally here's a photo update...

Out with the 2001 Ibiza mk3 1.4 s

ibiza1.jpg

And another one here with my brothers 2002 Ibiza mk3 1.4

Ibiza2.jpg

And now my 2004 Leon mk1 1.9 TDI 110 sx

Leon2.jpg

Leon3.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

Love to know what you all think. I'm chuffed to bits with it :D:D:D

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Nicer wing mirrors? In what way? I've been told that Leons after 2004 had oval instead of rectangular wing mirros? But this was the dealer telling me this, so not sure if it's true or not?

I don't think they electrically fold, but i'm finding new and interesting features on the car everyday, so you never know! lol.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Just checked and they don't fold in! Maybe only the cupras have that option.

Apparently my 2004 leon is classed as a 'facelift model', but the only difference I can see is the mirrors! lol, hardly a facelift.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Well I've actually done similar things to what you've done as it turns out!

Mods I've done:
  • Fabia rear wiper conversion
  • Stubby C2 aerial
  • Very very bright LED sidelights
  • Htec Super White Xenon H3 Bulbs
  • Pioneer headunit & cd changer

And now the list of what I plan to do (depending on funds):
  • 17" alloys (thought about 18", but still want a bit of a rubber on the rims to soak up the bumps!)
  • P-torque remap
  • FR front bumper & honeycomb grills
  • LCR splitter
  • Paint callipers red
  • Green cotton panel filter
  • Smooth inside of air box
  • Large cold air feed
  • Cruise control
  • Armrest
  • VW golf sunglasses holder
  • Possibley upgrade exhaust system
  • Sort out stone chips & scratches

I'm sure I'll end up doing most of those on the list within the next 6months atleast! I don't hang around when it comes to modding! lol.

You got much else planned for yours? Have you got a reader's ride thread at all?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.