FR or CUPRA TDI ? buying help please

jellybabybandit

May 1, 2007
Ok chaps newbie here so please be gentle :D

Bit about me ;)

well i own a mk4 astra GSI turbo wich was tuned to 250bhp but the time has come for the need of 4 doors if you catch my drift ;)

and as i do like the leon then i thoght "why not"

now my first thought was a LCR to match the similar power that i had but then i also used to own a mk4 golf GT TDI and loved the low down grunt of the derv :D

so i decided to look into the 150bhp TDI leons so i have a few questions for ya all

first off appart from the alloys is there any big differences between the cupra TDI and FR TDI ?

also does the leon come with ISOFIX ?

and what sort of stuff should i look out for when looking at cars to buy ?

first two things on the shopping list will be a revo remap and a new clutch drive plate :clap:

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Get an FR+ if you can!

Got the looks of the Cupra R - but with 17" replicas.

FR was just the name they changed to from the Cupra TDi. Engines are the same.

hhh1234

Mar 22, 2007
N.Ireland
Im in the same boat depends how much cash you got to spend, the cupra would be my choice as i like the alloys more plus not keen on the silver wing mirrors. gd luck

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The FR+ is the exception, as that has the LCR styling. But there is nothing to chose from between the FR and Cupra as they are 99% the same car with only a couple of minor cosmetic changes.

So just go for the car that has the best service history, age, mileage, condition etc and the one you can get the best deal on. Anything else is just a badge or a colour change.

Oh, my local used car dealer has an FR+ in at the moment if you're anywhere near Southampton? Platinum grey one, going for £15k

Last edited:

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Oh, my local used car dealer has an FR+ in at the moment if you're anywhere near Southampton? Platinum grey one, going for £15k

£15k?? Im loving the way the prices of the FR TDI are going up!
Thats £2.5 more than I paid 15 months ago with only 6k miles. :lol:

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
Whats going on with the FR TDi prices they seem to be going up!! Paid 13k for mine on a 55 plate with 8k on the clock and have seen nigh on the same cars with more miles on than mine has now going for over 13k on 05 plates.

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Looking at prices on Autotrader, they seem to have went up £500-£1000 for a 2 year-old FR TDI in the last couple of weeks. They are all between £14,500 and £14,995 now and no price difference whether an FR or FR+