weight of LCR front seats?

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
hello,
ok so i know this may be a weird question to some, but im interested in knowing the exact weight of the LCR front seats. why?...well i wanna order these recaro bucket seats (which weigh 7kgs each)

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=3775&L=2.

now, obviously iam trying to save weight in my car, if the bucket seats are alot lighter i will be very happy..cos i feel the standard seats offer no real support..:(.....and i also realize the recaros will be sooo uncomfortable...dont care..;)

thanks for any help...:)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You'll definately save weight as the OEM seats will be built for comfort not for weight saving like the Recaros.
You'll get the standard seats sold aswell to raise some cash for the Recaros

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
i don't have a clue how much the standards weigh; but when you get those recaros in post a few pics, i've been considering similar; but not sure how it'd look.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
are you going for the leather or cloth and which colour? its a shame they don't do a black with red stitching!

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
well i really want the leather, but i hope they dont look too out of place with the rears...leather is a bit more classy, and ive been after a set of seats like these for ages. the other option is the velour..slightly cheaper and will kinda match the rears...

i think they do a black leather with red down the middle, (looks a bit sickly tbh)..

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=3916&L=2.

i understand you mean red stitching, which they havent got lol

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
ah yes, the red is almost as hideous as the blue in the focus rs :ergh:
good luck with it mate!

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
i've just been looking at the range on demon tweeks website. are you sure about the non-reclining ones? could be uncomfortable on long trips if they are not the perfect angle for you? i've not had any experience with them but just i thought

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Those recaros are the same as you got on the special edition TT (no rear seats in them) They are uber comfy in my eyes but have a word with your insurnace company as when i looked at getting a set from a TT they wanted to make man love to my bum over the cost as i had taken out "saftey" features, even tho audi supply a kit to bypass the airbags on them!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.